Best Pizza in Pittsburgh

i’ve been trying to make a similar tasting pizza at home. i’m getting closer. i have two sweet crust doughs rising right now.

cool…are you making the dough from scratch then…is this your own recipe or did you add a twist to a current one you found?? and what about the sauce???

i am getting garden of eating tongiht!!

i just started working on it. this is only the second attempt. i buy the frozen bread dough(sweet bread). it’s close enough. i haven’t found the perfect sauce yet. i’m just using contadina brand pizza sauce, and just add a pinch of sugar.
one of these days i’m gonna try to do the dough from scratch. but it’s gonna end up being a mix of two i think. a pastry crust and a regular crust.

If you want to make your own sauce, I have a suggestion.

mmmm…garden of eating! Grease cup pepperonis FTW!!!

shoot…

+100000

Garden of Eating FTW everytime!

Second up is Primanti Bros in Robinson

LMAO So true, but so good…

it’s easier to just buy, but let’s hear it

geah! kristen serving anything is :sex:

went to jioios last night btw

eurodad- use pie crust-not dough for the pizza- and lots of sugar for the sauce

Well this is similar to what we used to do at the restraunt.

Rough, but gets the point across

1 Can whole Plum Tomatoes
1 Can/Jar Tomato/Basil Red sauce
1/4 to 1/2 Oz of salt (depending on your taste)
1/4 Oz Pepper
1 Oz Sugar
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (Most say they can’t taste it, I can…)
Garlic Powder if you like garlic.
Add water to adjust thickness.

You may use less, as 1 can of each (sauce/tomatoes) would be plenty more than for one pizza. Adjust amount of other ingredients accordingly.

Put all ingredients together, Puree. Voila!

I had to scale down the recipe, since I’m used to making about 14 Quarts of it at a time.

isn’t it also easier to just buy a pizza? or even easier to buy it and have it delivered?

Primanti’s Pizza is excellent in Crafton.

You can even order it on the internet now.
You can read all the non-sense on the forums, and order a pizza at the same time.

we have to order the party pizza everytime or me and the kids fight over pizza. so it’s cheaper to just try to make it.

agreed! The places on the list weren’t even in Pittsburgh! And while I love pizza with all of my soul, I am not going to drive from brentwood to latrobe.

Mineo’s sucks ass. I hate their fuckin’ pie. Aiello’s is tops in sq. hill.

Rialto’s in greenfield is effin’ awesome! Good prices, 6-packs and loosies available.

Pizza Milano / perfecta. Great pie, but may have gone a little bit downhill in recent years. Been hitting the one by the arena on 5th ave (ghetto) since it was Corleone’s…

for fancy pizza, Pi was awesome but moved out of sq. hill. Bites and Brew’s in shadyside is pretty yummy too.

lived in GF my whole life and rialto is ok but conicalla’s across from the church on GF ave is by far the best

I get rialtos alot when im over my GF’s (she lives in GF) and i always wondered about that place across from the church. Is anything else they have good? I like that place down in the run, big jims or something, they have good hogies.

Ex-G/F lived in Greenfield, all she had to do was cross the bridge into Squirrel Hill… I’ve heard “Never go to Mineo’s” before.