a new top 4 pizza place

this dates back to the numerous pizza threads. I had what i consider one of my top 4 pizzas ever–so i had to comment.

place is romano’s in irwin on 4th street.

http://romanospizza.us

i went and ate pasta, ate some of my roomies large pizza, and ordered a sicialian to go.

pasta-- good sauce. seriously–no one can fuck up boiling noodles. sauce makes the pasta. Nice sized portion too. Comes w/ garlic bread and salad. i got the special of 2 spaghetti (or rigatoni) diners for 9.95. Deffinitely cheap for the portion and quality.

pizza-- great. good crust, almost like a pretzel dough taste. not to sugary, but not bland. Sauce is good too. Price was cheap for their biggest pizza. Forget exactly–but pizza is pretty big.

Sicilian pizza-- good pizza but i prefer my Sicilian pizzas thicker. this probably is just me because im use to how my family always made it. thick like a sponge.

for the families-- you can get a large pizza, dozen of wings (big wings too) breadsticks (which are awesome) and 2 litter of pop for liek 20 bucks. the spaghetti dinner deal could probably feed a family of 4 too.

i plan on going back and trying the other items on the menu

I’ll have to swing through and check it out.

I have to disagree about fucking up pasta though - too many times I’ve been to places who boil the fuck out of them and you get them way too soft.

Think i should go eat some pizza now.

x2. It’s pretty easy to screw up if the cook is not familiar with it. I’ve worked in restaurants for a while, and the last place I worked was an Italian place (Rotelli Pizza and Pasta), and you could always tell if someone had never made pasta before… The noodles/shells/gnocci always came out like mush. I’m pretty sure all restaurants do it the same way (cook huge amount then portion it off into set amount until ready to cook, then just dunk it in boiling water for a few seconds.) Really, it shouldn’t be screwed up because it is so easy, but from what I’ve seen in the kitchens is that anything can be screwed up.

Sorry for the book, but I am also a hater of overdone pasta.

i use to live 3 blocks away from there before i got my house. I loved getting food from there when we were drunk. I dont think i would rate them in the top 4 top ten definately.

Oh man gnocci where is a good place for that.