Pizza, the discussion

It’s said the pizza is like sex, even when it’s bad, it’s not that bad and I would tend to agree. What type of pizza do you like and where do you like it from in this area?

I personally like white pizza with broccoli and LOTS of garlic, NY style or Chicago style(depends on my mood) and depending how the place distributes ricotta, I like that on there as well, just not clumps I want an even schmeer on the dough, followed by a few hundred cloves of garlic, the mozzarella and the broccoli on top and maybe a little more garlic.

I certainly don’t turn down regular pizza(with sauce) but don’t like to go crazy with toppings, though a hawaiian pizza can be good, as can chicken otherwise I tend to like just cheese. I also typically don’t get too excited about regular chicago style pizza, white is ok though.

I think my favorite pizza in the capital region is I Love, and fortunately one opened up 2 miles down the road from me :slight_smile: Though there are more places then I can name that I feel have “good” pizza in this area, we are very fortunate when it comes to pizza.

I Love NY Pizza, 4th Street Troy- Buffalo Chicken Pizza

mamas in clifton park - barbecue chicken pie

i love in troy - ziti pie

venezias pizza in clifton park… sausage pepperoni and meatballs

cusato’s in clifton park… pepperoni.

those are my choices

The pizza place right new st rose college… i go there all the time buzzed from a party… there really good

Also that i love on union street in schectady is the best!

Marino’s on State Street

But, the best pizza on the planet is Grimaldi’s.

That’s one thing I miss about drinking, consuming food slightly buzzed is much better then stone sober.

Prima pizza on state st. by Metro ford in schenectady. normal slices

ya go to one party, leave and meet up around 12 at this place then find another one… its a weekend thing…

but most places are getting crazy now, charging 2.50 -3.50 A slice…just wow

Ding, ding. Prima FTMFW.

I also like I Love NY cheese pizzas, but not cooked too much so the crust is still soft.

yes, I love is only good when you eat it at the shop, i hate ordering one. i can eat prima any time, anywhere, and its still good reheated.

i love in troy, and prima in schenectady are definately the winners for me.

nothing beats 2 slices of ziti pizza at 2am though from i love!

FTMFW!!! :nod

Also -Paesan’s on Western ;D :nod
-Sovrana’s on North Lake

Papa Johns owns

you gotta be kidding me

pizza gram on western ave!!!

theres a list for me…im a big pizza guy :banana

Paesans on western ave. White slice with ranch dressing:bowdown :bowdown

Inferno Pizzeria in Guilderland

Bello Pronzo in Guilderland

:banana :banana

I Love on central in colonie or Highbridge pizza in schenectady

if you get pizza from pizza gram, you should try a new store coming called Rockyo’s Pizzeria ;D. Its in carpenter village. There use to be a Pizza Amore there

good stuff! i wish the paesans in latham on 9 next to Teds would open already. it was supposed to be open at the end of summer, then there was some issue w/the town or some crap. now its up in the air :frowning:

im going to through out Vintage on 155 (great pizza and wings deal!) and Dom’s on 9 also…

I used to live in guilderland and ordered from pizza gram all the time. Now I’m in latham and the pizza up there is not as good (inferno’s isn’t that good). Guilderland is a way too far of a drive to get pizza, but if I ever have the opportunity to get pizza in the area again, I’ll give them a try.

paissanos (spelling?) in Altamont kicks ass as well

I drove by the paesans on 9 last night…they have the sign out for coming soon and have the building taped off so no one can go near it…so june it will be open i guess :nod

Doms Pizza is really good. Had vintage a couple times, but if im in latham, I like doms or little bites :bowdown