BMW seven-fourty-fiz-eye *BMW fagz come in*

ok so like i said, you are pretty much saying your car is better, because if it has everything a bmw has and is cheaper, then its better… right?

i dont know it sounds like you’re looking at brochure feature lists or something and comparing cars with a feature chart :lol

it just goes without saying and needs no explaination, i dont know why anyone would buy a new nissan over a used german car, makes no sense to me if you want a nice luxury car… german

:rofl

Soo funny how Audi says this.

Girls love my car. But you’re probably going to say I’m lying. Doesn’t matter to me.

I’m comparing it against the numerous BMW’s I’ve sat in and drove, the numerous problems my friends have had with theirs, and yes the price/feature list.

You will pay probably $10k less for an Infiniti that is equipped the same as a comparable BMW. So, all else being equal (packages, features, toys, power, etc.) what makes a BMW better? What is this ‘engineering’ that makes it so amazing? I’ve driven a couple of 3-series, 2 newer 5-series, and 1 older (03?) 7-series. The 3 and 5 drove like any normal car, the 7 was soft yet firm. Nothing that really screams, “THIS IS HOW CARS SHOULD RIDE!” That extra money you spent to get a BMW? It’s you paying for the badge.

My M has a soft yet firm ride as well and handles surprisingly well for a non-dropped boat of a car and I don’t even have the sport package.

I’m diggin the 04/05 Lexus LS 430 now. Toyota reliability with near the same price tag as the 7-series. Plus they look killer with a drop and some nice rimz.

alright. points taken , im now a nissan fan , fuck this german shit who wants to pay 10 grand for a badge thats gh3y

honestly, they break down all the time i think german cars are probably the most infamous for always breaking down

ide go nissan right now but im gonna have to go with 90’s american because i just need something reliable

I just added one of those to my “Baller” folder on my desktop, just full of ballin ass clothes, places, cars, apartments, shit like that. Let me dig it up and upload it, it is just a PERFECT baller ride.

mmmmmmm

you are sooooooooooooooo gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Folks it DOESN"T MATTER.

All these [entry] “luxury” cars will be old models in 5 years and DATED in 10.

Girls love any new car that’s priced at $20K+, even if it’s a brand new Civic.

Old luxury impresses no one.

A mid 90’s 7 series is laughable in the average person’s eye as far as modernity is concerned.

The whole reliability argument is also rubbish, the biggest expense on every single one of these “luxury” cars will be depreciation for every year you own it, counted in thousands per year.

Ilya compared his Infiniti M with an A8, Panamera, 7 series, and Lexus LSxxx…all arguements are void now because that thing is comparable to a 5 series, A6, NOTHING Porsche, and in which a 550i and S6 blow it out.(excluding M5 and RS6, well because there’s no competition when comparing to an Infiniti M35)

+rep

vlads points are very valid actually…

a 7 series or S class, or any luxury car will loose its value by many thousands per year, its insane , that overrides all arguments of garage and repair costs lol

Ehh, not really… Regular non luxury vehicles loose there value as well, maybe even quicker. This being said, I know people with 10yr old Civics that have NEVER done any mechanical work to them other than oil changes, tranny flushes, tune ups ext… Cars with notorious SERIOUS problems should always be avoided unless under warrantee.

what im saying is, instead of talking about the money spent on repair costs… talk about the money you loose because of depreciation

Some yes, Koreans especially. The rest is arguable, and even if the depreciation percentage is the same off the original MSRP, it will equal to a much smaller figure in actual dollars.

Cars with “SERIOUS” problems get recalled, everything else is owners wear and tear as well as abuse.

Luxury means more. More of everything. More means more shit to break, especially once they get older. Car will depreciate, cost replacement parts will not…

Luxury loses it’s value as it gets older because nobody who can afford to live in luxury wants old luxury, so they will sell it cheap because they can’t afford to be seen in dated cars. So any new car has 3 to 5 years to impress people with it’s “status” that’s about it.

Audi is “new money” car or a preppy car.
Bmw is a luxury car for a performance oriented person.
Infinity/Lexus is for older business man who don’t care about performance or what they are going to be seen it, but still want a nice car.

Any questions?

Can’t sleep ATM so…got bored and decided to continue beating the dead horse with you fine gentlemen. Obviously, no one is going to change their mind, but for shits and giggles:

Still have yet to see you offer any concrete features or reasons that make those above cars 1000x better than Infiniti’s flagship model (M56xS), which at full feature, runs around $73k.

For the sake of this argument, lets compare any ol new 7-series vs the new M56 to see if, on any level, the M can hang with A 7-series in terms of ‘luxuriousness’ (since evidently, according to this online community, ANY 7-series is better than ANY Infiniti M). On paper of course.

M56xS - $73k Full-Loaded

• 420HP/417TQ
  • Intelligent AWD
  • Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range)[14]
  • Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)[10]
  • Distance Control Assist (DCA)[16]
  • Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW)[8]
  • Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention™ (BSI) Systems[7]
  • Front Pre-Crash Seat Belts
  • Active Trace Control (Adjusts vehicle braking and engine torque to help enhance cornering feel)
  • Eco Pedal
  • Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
  • Bose® Studio Surround® sound system with 5.1-channel decoding, 16 speakers
  • Forest Air™ system with Advanced Auto Recirculation, Breeze Mode, Plasmacluster™ Air Purifier, and Grape Polyphenol Filter
  • Power rear sunshade
  • Semi-aniline leather seating
  • Unique quilted seat pattern with contrast piping and additional seat bolstering
  • White ash silver-powdered wood trim
  • Suede-like headliner
  • Premium soft-touch material for armrests, door inserts, center console and knee pads
  • Premium stitched meter hood
  • Aero Kit
  • 18" Accessory Wheels

Things like Navi, Climate control seats, DVD player, auto headlights, etc. are standard.

BMW - BASE price of $70k

• 315HP/330TQ
  • No AWD
  • None of the safety features of the M (Lane Departure, Backup Cam, Brake Assist, Blind Spot, etc.)
  • Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) with auto-leveling headlights
  • Only a 10 speaker sound system
  • All the other typical things you’ll find in a luxury car such as start/stop button, keyless entry, HDD navigation, Bluetooth, etc.

So…if I am a smart consumer, what do you think I’ll do? Pay $70k and get a shit ton of extras? Or pay $70k and get the absolute basics AND less enjoyment (due to less power)?

Now, let’s see what a full loaded 740 costs…oh right…$91.5k

And what does that get you?

• iPod and USB (I know AUX/CF is included but not sure specifically about iPod and USB)
  • Premium Sound (included in above M)
  • Sat Radio (included in above M but M offers NavTraffic and NavWeather as part of the deal)
  • Rear Seat entertainment and 6 disc DVD changer (included in above M)
  • Keyless Entry (standard on the BASE M)
  • Soft close doors
  • Power tailgate
  • Ventilated seats (standard on the BASE M)
  • Heated seats (standard on the BASE M)
  • Heated steering wheel (included in above M)
  • Blind spot detection (included in above M)
  • Lane departure system (included in above M)
  • Auto high-beams (included in above M)
  • Sports package which has 19 or 20 inch rims and some interior badging, etc.

So, basically…for $90k, you get soft close doors and power tailgate. HOLY SHIT!

So, my earlier point still stands. You are paying for the badge (an extra 20k). 20k! You know why you are paying that much more for the badge? Because BMW has been around since during the World War (1916). Infiniti was started what? 21 years ago (1989)? Why do you think Infiniti is charging less? To grow their market share (which they are doing). Same thing Hyundai has been doing and their Genesis car has been quite the hit with critics and the general public alike.

If you wanna be a dope and pay $20k extra for the same damn car (one which isn’t any more reliable or faster or significantly better looking although that last one is debatable), by all means.

Is the M on the same level as the 7 (at least the 7)? Yes. I’d say so. Is it on the same level as ALL 7-series models? No. The 760 retails for $120k…but going through the standard features, the M has the majority of that as well as it’s not MUCH different from the 740. The 760 just has a ridiculous amount of power.

So yes, I would say the M is on the same level as the big boys. Very much so. It is as good as at LEAST the base 7-series.

They are the same. My M was $28-32k. I was looking at 750’s with the same mileage and same years for the same price. They depreciate pretty equally.

Yes. Since when does 420hp = no performance (see above)? lol. My M (275hp) has walked both my friends 08 328 and 07 (?) 528 (while weighing more than both and considerably more than 3 series - 800lbs). So, you should clarify your statement with (the V8+ BMW’s is luxury for performance oriented people). Just sayin.

Oh…and for those that think the M is ugly…I dunno what you’re talking about (this is photoshopped of course - but shows it’s potential with basic rims and tint):

How about we leave this to the experts?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/07q2/2007_infiniti_g35_sport_vs._2007_bmw_328i-comparison_tests/2007_bmw_328i_page_3

As far as driving is concerned

Predictably, the Bimmer was a favorite in the Hocking Hills. The logbook was filled with praise: “The definite back-road champ — always composed, wholly certain, pretty much unflappable.”

The 550i is quick on the track, quick on the road, and smooth on the freeway, and it scored the highest fun-to-drive rating in the group. Yet the BMW missed the top spot on the podium. By a point. Hmm. So where were the demerits?

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/06q4/2007_bmw_550i_vs._infiniti_m45_lexus_gs450h_m-b_e550-comparison_tests/2007_bmw_550i_page_2

More
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/05q4/2005_acura_tl_vs._2005_audi_a4_2006_bmw_330i_and_five_more_entry-luxury_sedans-comparison_tests/2006_bmw_330i_page_4

Winner?
2006 BMW 330

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q2/2009_infiniti_g37_vs._bmw_328i_audi_a4_and_acura_tl-comparison_tests/2009_bmw_328i_page_5

Winner?
2009 BMW 328i

Winner: 2007 BMW 328i

Car & Driver is notoriously biased towards BMW

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q3/2009_audi_a6_3.0t_vs._2009_bmw_535i_2009_infiniti_m45_2009_jaguar_xf_2010_m-b_e350-comparison_tests/2009_infiniti_m45_page_4

[LEFT]

If you want the feature content the Q45 contains, and dig the new look, it’s a fine ride. But it doesn’t overwhelm the rest.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans

/112_0107_luxury_sedan_comparison/verdict.html#ixzz16ES7RQMI[/LEFT]

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0107_luxury_sedan_comparison/verdict.html

http://www.roadandtrack.com/index.php/tests/comparison/four-door-firepower/four-door_firepower_-_page_2_page_2

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparisons/09q3/2009_audi_a6_3.0t_vs._2009_bmw_535i_2009_infiniti_m45_2009_jaguar_xf_2010_m-b_e350-comparison_tests/2009_infiniti_m45_page_4

But Ilya isn’t biased towards a car he owns?

They have more journalistic merit then any of as well as their careers revolve around testing cars.

I’ve also provided other sources.

Just saying.

fact of the matter nissan/infinity sucks just as bad as Wyans Tundra