E Fiddy Five AMG

Been thinking about picking up one of these. V8 Kompressor > 335i nonsense. 2005s are really starting to come down in price. Mid 30s all over ebay with decent miles. Nazi sled folk please skool me on what i need to know about these cars. Thinking i could get TWNSCRWU as my plate. And give myself a good rate.

Example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2005-05-Mercedes-Benz-E55-AMG-sedan-E55AMG-52k-miles_W0QQitemZ110303061992QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110303061992&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-2|39%3A1|240%3A1318

2005 has bluetooth, and the less retarded NAV system!

make the headrests in the back go DOooooooown!

Autofaggot

I’ll pass based just on that.

i like them alot… theres a couple board members who had been thinkin about one… fwiw.

Hmmm, Im not much for Mercedes but there definitely nice, go big and get a CLK AMG Black LOL JkJk

not sure if the e class and the 335 really compete. i would say e55 amg would be the m5’s adversary, in which case I pick m5.

Jason has the pre boosted e55 amg. It’s baller as hell, super comfortable, etc. But just like I didn’t like my 7 series, I wouldn’t like an e class. Too big. Go from something tossable to an e-class and you will be begging for something smaller within a year

Problem is E60 M5s still command high 40s. If I am looking for a new ish pimp German ride with 4 doors and balls around 30-35k this and 335i are it. The Benz might not be as athletic as the 335i but it is much more spacious and comfy. It would walk all over the 335i stock v stock or modded v modded and lets face it a 3 series can’t touch the baller status of rolling in this:

:pimp:

Meh, i will take a Bimmer over a Benz, they just say “im old” to me… my grandparents have always had a Benz, and one of the first sticks i have ever drven was my dad’s old 2003 M3, so maybe i am a bit biased.

its an old man car. but who am I to talk?

ballerrrr

Does it come with a walker?:smiley:

MB is a POS car in my opinion. The most ridiculous and annoying shit always breaks on them.

i like it… i would buy it

I’m a huge MB fan. The E55 pulls like crazy all while keeping you in the lap of luxury. Best of both worlds. I say do it! :tup:

wtf nyspeed needs to stop growing up :frowning:

its like two steps away from mid-life crisis in here

I <3 E55’s

I went and test drove an e55 about 3 months ago when i was in boston. There was a nice used car dealership near my hotel, and i was alwyas considering them, but the slushbox kind of threw me… and they have always been in the 40’s which was too much… now they are coming into the low to mid 30’s all day

I liked the auto tranny… couldnt really tell there was a TC… car pulled like a BA… it was nice…

The bad, i think the tires on the car i drove were shit, cuz the car felt like a pillow… just a little TOOO compliant… i never checked what brand/tire pressure, so that could have been it… but i was a little taken back by how big the car felt in the turns… it wasnt nearly as sharp as my car… but it was FAR FAR more comfortable to drive around town…

I drove the car without a salesman… so i really did kind of push it… all the gagets in the car were cool, and the brakes seemed up to the task… but i think they would need better pads, and SS lines, cuz the pedal felt a little mushy and delayed

I love them as well its the auto thing that really gets me.

for what its worth, disalvo swore by MB for the preformance and reliability…

…untill he got his bimmer.

I’ve been driving around in a CLS500 as of late… have you considered one of those? they are in the same price range, decent power, and i love the style.

and they can look pretty pimp as well. All while keeping that old-man-feel that you’re looking for:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/4439/1vj3.jpg

Ive driven one of these, and they felt REALLY big…

but the CLS AMG are down ~40k for decent examples… i saw one go on ebaymotors a couple of weeks ago with no reserve for 37k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2006-MERCEDES-BENZ-CLS55-AMG-ONE-OWNER-20-WHEELS_W0QQitemZ320312800493QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320312800493&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1308