C5/LSX guys i need some help

i didnt mean dead set on that particular one, just dead set in my path. but i agree thats why i been looking for the past 4 months.

LS6 is a 5.7

I have a ported LS6 oil pump and at idle, its 50psi, WOT its 75-80.

That oil pressure sensor, is fucked.

also, a 2000 LS1 has a LS1 intake manifold, 01-02 had the LS6.

IMO, if your getting a LSx powered car, make sure its atleast a 01. They burned less oil (if any at all) and the LS6 intake manifold which benefits big time when you start modding and also dont have the EGR emissions shit.

FYI, you can find bad ass vettes on ls1tech forsale for well under the 20k mark and dont let mileage scare ya.

thanks man!!

Ok, good… most of the responses were great… except at the beginning. Joey…don’t comment in the LSX world!

I would take extra milage without concern. These cars can take it… Looks like a decent find, with Mods you like…so consider that one. You WILL mod the thing, so might as well be looking at modded ones for sale… especially a higher milage Z. Desperation seller is out there somewhere. And how the fuck did you end up with a LTGun in place of that hot white stang!!! I thought you lived in a sane and drug free household?!

Billy Boat = Best sounding C5 exhaust in my opine

thanks for the advice jammer, i havent heard from you in ages. I’m definitley going to continue searching, but if the opportunity to pick this one up arises im gonna take it. And the household is plenty sane and drug free, i just liked the camaro more, ive had it for awhile now…and B+B is the exhaust i am going to go with for sure, unless the car already has one.

If you are planning on modding it, save your money and buy and FRC like mine. Same body style as the Z06 just with 50 less HP. If you are going to mod it, there is no point in spending $20K+ on a Z06 with high mileage when you can buy a mid-low mileage FRC for $17K+. The only MAIN difference is the 50HP and the gearing.

With the few grand you save when you buy the FRC, you can put that in the engine and for the same price as a high mileage Z06, have a low-mid mileage FRC with mods that will be just as fast if not faster than the Z06 for cheaper.

this was my thought exactly, having a Z would be awesome, but i already have plans for mods to the car, they will come slowly but nonetheless i plan on doing werk! If im not mistaken a Z51 car has the same suspension as a Z06, so why not spend like you say 17 or so on a decent mileage car because the 50hp down the road rly wont matter with my plans for the car.

03 APS TT Z06 with 51k…26 grand…

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1229711-2003-z06-aps-tt.html

02 Z06, 16 grand…

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1229232-2002-corvette-z06-16-000-a.html

99 Cartec H/C C5 with 412rwhp/400rwtq…15k

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1185544-1999-chevy-corvette-coupe-cartek-2x-heads-cam-421rwhp.html

02 Electron Blue C5 Z06 with 25k…for 22k

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1227791-mint-2002-electron-blue-z06-25k-miles.html

Take your pick!!!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds-133/

haha thanks drew, i just spent the last two hours looking at each and every one of those cars!!! that cartec car is pretty nice has a real nice tone at idle, and i pm’d the guy with the 02 Z06 that car is real nice hopefully he gets back to me…ill get one, just gotta be patient until this camaro sells.

LS6 Throttle bodies do not say LS6 on them. Thats an aftermarket TB with a decal. Im pretty sure its still an LS1, It may have the LS6 manifold tho. Its possible that is the old SLP LS6 set up. The oil pressure on most LS1s and LS6s warm idle is about 25-30psi 45-60 when cold. The regulator spring starts bleeding pressure at 60-65psi. You know the 10psi to 1k rpm rule. That gauge is probably off… I hope.

Vette owners are super anal. Just like Travis said. High mileage Vettes are usually 100X cleaner than low mileage economy cars.

^^agreed

paul wall, but a camry!

SOO, bringing up an older post but i want a few opinions,
camaro should be sold and gone as of tonight.

i got three vettes im interested in

1. 1999, one owner (husband and wife)
    black bone stock auto trans 105kmi. $13000 nice tan interior targa top car with four brand new tires. Looks to be in wicked nice shape and cared for well. no major blems on the car whatsoever and all maintenance records are available. Its about two hours away in NY.

2. 2001 black former georgia car
    115kmi auto trans (interior color idk) targa top idk how many owners
    black painted vette wheels, b&b exhaust, $15500. Seems like a decent ride, but the wheels seem shady and i dont know how many owners have kicked its ass. the pictures of the car kind of sucked, and the guy seemed like a moron on the phone. this is located about 1hr away in ny

3. 2002 z06 silver 116kmi obvy a hard top 6spd car. $15000
    quite a few blems on front bumper, very good new tires (BFG KDW2’s) but alot of curb rash on a couple of the wheels. interior is black very clean for the mileage. b&b bullet exhaust, kooks headers, put down 385whp on the dyno. 3 owner car (was a lease, then bought and repoed, now its a driver for some rich kid who has two other vettes). car is located wayyy the fuck out in idaho, but can have it shipped to the door for $16150

I already have plans to do a B&B bullet quad tip exhaust, kooks or american racing headers and a kooks catless x-pipe. Also have plans for C6 black wheels, and blacked tail light and turn signals; On whichever car i eventually end up getting. I also plan to do a converter/clutch on the car over next winter. (long way off i know)

Honestly im leaning towards the first one, its clean as hell, one owner ride, and its fairly cheap, the auto trans deal kinda sucks (but theyre nice at the same time). AND obviously its only 13000 bucks. Let me hear some opinions!!!

If you are going to get a vette , please stay away from the A4 transmission. Stick with the 6-speed.

That Z06 sounds like a decent deal. Honestly, get transport out there, then drive it back.

Z06! do it.

pauly, idaho trip! ive done it 3 times. fly out with a weekend bag and drive back, will only take 3 days tops.

you guys think so? The 02 z is pretty nice (i mean cmon is a z06), the front bumper has a few scrapes and shit on it though… The silver and the black interior is a nice combo though i do have to admit. But boise idaho??? lonnnng drive man. I dont like having to pay 1150 bucks for shipping but it seems easy enough.