Car audio section

my “i.c.e” consists of a 3 1/2 speaker in my cup holder/ash tray home and a 8 year old deck

We seem to be getting more interest in car audio BUT the majority of users spend their money on performance goodies or repairs… well, probably more repairs then anything… (don’t look at me)

We have a few (one) professionals in the car audio world and what looks like a couple of guys who do competitions. Neither of them use their 240sx (yet?).

To be honest, i expected this tread to ask for a Car Audio FS section…

^^^^ i own a 240

I think he means a 240 with audio system in it, do you have that if so post pics :slight_smile: please.

sweet the 240 is the new civic, we call all have big loud fancy cd players and huge rims with horrible offset and no dish and maybe if were luckey some heavy flake paint in the mix…

if you have a question about car audio google that shit. or better yet take it to an installer. there enough rice out there with a kabillion watts of sound powering trunk bump to anser anything you need to know.

next i vote a section for neons

then one for bodykits

then one on how to put a huge gehy wing on your hood. (yeah i said hood)

crisp clean sound is nice but why the hell would you need to have a secion for it?? it boils down to sound sistems arnt complicated and if you cant figure it out than take it to someone who knows. i dont see the point of having a audio section purely because theres not than many qestions to be asked and it will just turn into a bragg fest

my 2 cents.

(NO i dident read everyones replys)

…ricers

[QUOTE=fastback240

if you have a question about car audio google that shit. or better yet take it to an installer. ]

Im guessing you’re the type of guy that pays some dumbass to fix and install everything. I for one like to find out first hand and if I can make the job that much easier by chatting with other members I dont call that rice I call it SMART…
PS stop blaming every thing on civics its time to grow up!

[QUOTE=fastback240

if you have a question about car audio google that shit. or better yet take it to an installer. ]

Im guessing you’re the type of guy that pays some dumbass to fix and install everything. I for one like to find out first hand and if I can make the job that much easier by chatting with other members I dont call that rice I call it SMART…
PS stop blaming every thing on civics its time to grow up!

well if anyone want to find out more about SPL Or SQ here the place
http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41051

P.S theres are all hand built cars by everyday people

yeah i push paper for a living, i never touch anything to do with my car/house of fear of breaking it i guess your right installing a sterio is more than putting red to red and yellow to yellow ect…

guess thats why its my 2 cents

ROFL SERIOUSLY? PUTTING RED TO RED AND YELLOW TO YELLOW? I guess ignorance is bliss.

p.s. just so you are aware of how flawed your logic is… you started by grouping car audio in with neon, body kits and wings on hoods… So you feel that audio is simply an addition to the car, when in fact it is not since I feel it is safe to say your 240 came stock with a radio, (if it did not then you sir have one of a kind) then it is obvious that your stock car stereo is every bit apart of your car as say a seat, or a window or even (and this is a long shot…) your exhaust.

Now some people feel that the equipment that came stock on their car is simply all they need and they see no reason to change that, others feel that this is not enough so they install what they feel are upgrades, such as suspension, exhaust, wheels etc. Some people see this modifying as ridiculous and useless, others see it as a passion and enjoy it. Forget about a car audio section, but simply in general you seem to assume anyone with a “loud” (I don’t know what you think loud is… but ya) stereo is a nuisance and thus you make claims about how it makes someone a ricer… reality check… a 240sx is not the next civic… the reason you say this is because the honda civic has been purchased widespread and modified to a spec that you and many other see as tasteless and a waste of money, in case you were not aware people share the same view on the 240 when it has what they see as “tasteless mods”… and if you are going to insult someone’s interest’s than please take you 0.02 cents and pay for grammar lessons.

^ LOL fastback gets owned by a ricer? I love SON

I must be a ricer… I have car audio…

fastback240 isn’t wrong. Audio is ridiculously simple.

For the most part it is connecting the same colour wires together, haha.

It only gets difficult when you get into serious things like phasing and proper sizing/shape for enclosures. That’s cool and all, but there are what… 2 people here that actually know what I’m talking about? That would make the section basically a 2-way conversation that could have been better had on MSN.

IMO, what it comes down to is if you want to talk about car audio, you’d really be better off doing it on a car audio forum.

And no, I’m not just some audio bashing idiot, I used to work as an installer and do know what I’m talking about. I’ve just lost interest in audio after getting into performance.

Yeah, I do realize I posted a different opinion earlier, but I changed my mind, haha.

im just luckey i guess, i always take my car in to the shop, i wont even change my oil or tires. i dont recomend anyone trying to put in a sterio for there first time ither, you could blow up your water pump!! take it in to the shop!! dont play with your life!

and i just hate to get my hands dirty…

No offense but if it was so easy how did you have a job?

same reason garbage men do? its easy as shit to put your garbage in the car and drive it to the dump

but that dosent mean anyone wants to do it

ppl are afraid of what they dont know soooo they pay som1 else to do it for them, its cheap and 100% to work.

Because most people are afraid of damaging their cars and don’t even consider working on them.

I was 14 when I installed my first stereo, I figured it out by myself without the internet, worked first try. If a dumb 14 year old can do it without the internet, anyone can with 30 seconds on google.

I don’t think that one can claim this is true, I once saw a friend who had a basic system installed at future shop, the installer ran the power wire and the signal wires on the same side of the car, and he ran 4awg wire thought the car but ran short on the end so he added a bit of 6awg wire onto the end with some electrical tape… yeah it sure worked…

I also saw an installer at an independent shop who screwed an amp into the side of a car with self tapping metal screws, these went straight through to the fender… it eventually rusted…