Car audio section

I would love to see an audio section, would help out anyway i could

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40825

why so 2 people can talk back and forth

its called msn buddy

x2. Hardly anybody on this site cares enough about audio, a thread now and then is enough

^thats what we are trying to change a car club shouldn’t focus to only performance mods, I know most of the people on SON want speed and handling etc but IMO a full unique and custom car needs all factors of the aftermarket world. more than half the cars in car mags wouldn’t have made it in without a nice audio/video setup. :slight_smile:
Thanks for starting the poll +1

So resistant to change…

go to jdmrides.ca then

please stop crying. If you’re not down with it pick no in the poll and stop posting?

son is anti everything non track oriented.

i go to nico if i want to see king kong in da trunk…

so many times I have seen “HELP my deck won’t work” or other piece of audio equipment posted in the technical section, and the answers to the problems have been like “Go ask this person at future shop what is wrong…” thats like asking Canadian tire how to properly work on your car. Plus if it supposed to be a 240sx forum where members can discuss all aspects of their car, a stereo is a part of the car, and much like any other part can be modded… What does the addition of an area from audio/electronics such as remote starts or alarms etc do to you? So if you have to scroll down 2 lines more then before your life is over? No one asked you personally to take part in the audio/electronics section, it was a question

Personally, I wouldint mind seeing an Audio 101 section. It not only has to focus on audio/video, but can also have other related topics, such as; wiring diagrams, information on general parts(resitors, amps), how to wire grounds and all that. Most people have no clue when it comes to simple things like “wiring speakers”, or simply replacing your stock deck with aftermarket jazz. The only downside to this “suggestion”, would be that none of you, including myself, are actual ‘Members’ of this forum. So what is the point in suggesting changes, and creating polls, when you have no want in helping out financially. More than 3/4th’s of SON are people that just come on for a cheap laugh, a quick bash, and to check the f/s section. Dont you ever wonder how things could be if there was more funding/support? Just a thought.
It’s not cool asking for things when you have no disire to help out in return.

As for myself, the reason why I choose not to be a paid member, is simply because im still too new. My car isint on the road, I havent actually met many of the guys on the board, nor have I attended any meets. So im technically not part of this club.

Willcann, once you become a subscribed member, I will gladly choose my side with the poll. As for now, you dont have the right to suggest or enforce anything.

$0.0002

I agree for an audio section.

Something thats in our cars, and people are involved with.

Good to learn something new here and there specially when it comes to wiring and other electrical stuff.

Good kill of time on the forums for those interested with it.

I respect and understand what your saying hacknik, but I think the reason this idea came about was to help people out, certain people are skilled in certain areas, to be honest providing useful information to other members is a form of giving back, the fact that some people are not members does not make them useless, (also on a side note JDM-KID appears to be a member and had the idea of a poll…) I don’t think anyone has done anything out of line, it was simply a suggestion followed by a poll to see/show if there would be any interest, it really is not a big deal, if members do not see it as useful no one is forcing it upon them, but is it not fair to say that a resource for your wiring, install, audio, electrical related questions is available as easily as your performance based questions? And to be fair willcann may have started this particular poll/thread but it was suggested by JDM-KID who like I said appears as a member thus providing him with what you call the “right to suggest or enforce anything” It really should spawn nothing but a useful tool for everyone.

While I don’t see any benefit to having it since almost no one here cares about audio, I do see why you want it. I worked in an audio shop and had a hard-on for having a DVD deck and 8 subs in my trunk when I was 17. That didn’t get me in enough trouble so I like fast cars now.

I voted yes.

Yea, no worries, I get what your saying. I didint mean to come off as an arrogant ass. It is a good idea, like I previously stated, it’s just that I doubt anyone will agree with it fully. Regardless, im still a yes.

No you did not come off arrogant at all lol, you are right, but yeah, just ideas I guess

as if there are not places for certain threads that are dead anyways.

not gonna hurt. i’d add it in. got basically everything else cept a “sunshine girl” type of thing. lol

http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

you can use that section.

I’m not saying we will never have it on SON, but for now that is your best bet. SON & TNC are now sister-sites officially anyways.

I was un aware of this until visiting the site right now… I see

cool, now I get it this site is used to direct us to other sites?.lol wierd