Cossey: Ban?

i think you have to get vlad to change it for you…

Well, seriously enlighten me. If I am wrong I will admit it. I am in the understanding that I have the same freedoms of speech here that I do in real life.

I got heated when I saw his PM to me telling me what I can and can’t say.

But if I am wrong, I will admit it, apologize and move on. I am going on what has been told to me.

Ok so it sounds like this argument is really coming down to: Should Cossey be banned for false accusations? AKA Power trip,

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9552/internetseriousg.jpg

wait what?? i thought it was about getting threatened to be banned for dropping the n word? which honestly who the fuck cares!!! we are all adults (at least our drivers license says we are) so just get over the language and call it a day…

BAM

I still dont understand why we can say the n word. I mean they say it all the time. If a black guy signed up and said “what up my ni…as?” he too would be banned? or would he not be?

hummm?

haha. watch i will get ban for saying that. :lol

I understand where Cossey is coming from. And I understanad where you are coming from . I say racial slurs all the time with my friends that have ethic back grounds and they do the same back. Just that you dont know everyone on this site , so it may cause offense to an individual. Just try to keep it out from public view where it could stir up a problem. I have no problem with it, just there may be other people that do on here .

People think that the internet is an “Anything Goes” operation, fact of the matter is that it isn’t and its a question of time where this wild west frontier of the digital age is regulated to protect the end users. I am not talking abour censorship, I am talking about peoples rights as afforded them under the law.

What the issue with forum banning is, it stops access to the resource, had the ban been limiting to guest, meaning that the resource is still accessible and the so called offender can access the site, your not breaking the law. However, snide posts and other nasty comments from other members does constitute cyber-bullying and would need same treatment of restricting the users access to guest status.

If a user is being intimidated, threatened, bullied, harassed, stalked, etc and the board owner refuses to resolve the issue, they can be sued, simple as that. All the plaintiff needs to do provide adequate proof of the activity and the board owner has to answer to the law.

TBH I don’t know why people are in a state of denial over this, laws are not set in stone, they change, new laws are brought in and the majority of legal representation you find will be very often a few years behind what new and hot. In the future it will be possible for someone to easily sue a board owner should their rights be infringed upon.

Unfortunately, forum board vendors are not lawyers and do not appreciate that they are facilitating this and are opening themselves up to legal action by way of being an accomplice by providing the ability to ban any access to the resource. Theirs very few board vendors that provide access as a guest after a ban. This needs to be addressed.

Board owners need to wake up and get used to the idea that a person has every legal right to defend themselves and just because they ban someone does not mean that the person being banned has no legal rights to pursue the matter.

It’s called a double standard also known as BS

you just made a case for me. however im not so petty as to do such a thing… but im quoting this for possible future reference :wink: word up!

I dont Know anything about the legal aspect. I understand it was not seriously said, But stuff like that could bite you in the long term. Could determine Your character for employment/legal matters. Just look at that cop In the OJ case they crucified him for saying that in his past.

You’re from Kingsbury?

There is a time and place for this stuff to be talked about .And I dont personally think it should be said on a public forum.

That is all…

ROFL… Kingsbury and QueensBury. I just noticed that.

you do realize that law protects freedom of speech on the INTERNET, not a private forum right?

…it means you have to get your own site to say what you want.

So I can open a site that only white people are allowed to talk on? Just because I own it? Sorry. That is wrong. Bill of Rights Applies to all instances. Private, public, etc.

ifitaintwhiteitaintright.com

Yes sir!