DragnDoor's 1998 Ranger

looks great mike.

sickkkkkk cant wait to see the turnout of this

thanks guys. Yeah it will lay door, for sure. Well within 1/2". Where the top of the rocker sill sits, the 3/16" skid plate will be welded to the bottom of that. so 3/16" + say a 1/4" worth of a lip, then the door gap… door to ground should be no more than 3/4" max from the ground laid out.

thanks guys its getting some progress for sure, im off to cut off the rockers tonight and to the steel supermarket tomorrow to start building a floor for it. Should be close to having a floor back in by the end of the weekend

this is making me wanna buy another truck…fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

why? your too broke to ever do anything to any vehicles you own lol

i will F you in you A…saving to get an apartment/finish school > toys

Looks great, KKKKKKKKKKKKKustom brothers!

This shit is sick!! Ive been lurking on the thread and viewing pics as it’s gone along. Sweet build, cant wait to see finshed product.

Werd. thanks guys. $200 worth of steel has been aquired to put a floor back in the truck. Bent up some 22ga for floor channels to stiffen up the 16ga we will use to make the now floor.

It also looks like the cowl hood will need to get channeled out and raised 2 inches to clear the motor. also the front tires might rub the hood laid out! shits low.

Slight hood clearance issues come up aparently when you body drop a truck to the doors. :ahh The rockers were cut 3/8" from where it rolls up for the door gap. Cut and welded in some 3/8" plate and flushed that out inside the rocker. with the door gap, the bottom of the door is going to be about 1/2" -5/8" from the pavement. :ohnoes

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tcnKIjvGh14/TCvvIxM_ZXI/AAAAAAAABkM/TLWksGFzcKE/s720/DSC_0479.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_tcnKIjvGh14/TCvvPHxpNSI/AAAAAAAABkY/12K3M8AjjB8/s720/DSC_0493.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tcnKIjvGh14/TCvvLFvWYcI/AAAAAAAABkQ/7kIKp81CmQE/s720/DSC_0480.jpg

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_tcnKIjvGh14/TCvvRvH2hNI/AAAAAAAABkc/pjqrqsh9le8/s720/DSC_0492.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_tcnKIjvGh14/TCvvNdrJSYI/AAAAAAAABkU/v3VhNtG1l08/s720/DSC_0485.jpg

This also introduced a few new issues. lol. The stock manifold that goes over the top of the valve cover is getting hacked off at the runners and I’ll make a low profile plenum and put the TB on the drivers side, keeping it all lower than the valve cover. the EGR needs was cut off too and will get rerouted out of the way too. The valve cover hits the rain tray/firewall, so the valve cover will get notched out for clearance. The wiper motor on the firewall also hits the motor, that will get deleted or moved somehow. The pedals as they sit now, when you press them hit the frame rail! so they will be moved up on the firewall, and sectioned an inch or so in the middle of their shafts to make them shorter.

The floor even being body dropped that much (around 10-12"!) will only have a step at the rocker of 3 inches! and actually the seat height will only be about 1 inch taller, if you measure from the seat to the roof. We are making a low profile sheet metal floor and the frame rails we made allow us to keep it low.

when is the estimated time of completion?

Hoping to bring it to the all truck nationals Aug 6 - Aug 8, 2010. Driven hopefully, if not it will get trailered under construction.

Floor will be done next week. We are out of town again tonight - tuesday next week. :banghead

soooo when the fuck do i get to come see this thing?!!?!?

We will be back in town working on it starting next tuesday. Your welcome to pop down then. get at me. :thumbup

looks amazing. very happy to see a bag on bar set up. should get a really good ride/lift out of this thing. what size bag is that? i see that its the air lift dominator series but 2500 or 2600?

Yep. it will ride really nice out back. They are 2600’s out back 2500s in the front pockets. the rear is canti’d too with a 4" dog bone in the middle. Laid to fully raised it measured 14" or something crazy like that! the est. sweet spot will put the doors around 5 inches from the ground at ride height, and still have plenty of droop and bump travel to go!

thats awsome. one of these days ill put the SD 5 link sitting in my basement to good use. id like to stockfloor a truck when the time is right.

build looks great. nice to see good work and not something hacked.

Nice man. Suicide Doors FTW. We got alot of stuff from them, great people to deal with. Get on that man, bring it by this winter and we will install that shiz for ya!

We thought about a stock floor body drop on this, which would have been fine for laying rocker. but now it is just easier to make the entire floor from scratch. We can make a floor hug the frame rails, and make seat mounts off that to keep the seats low and keep the head/leg room comfy.

yeah jason is good shit. i picked up a 100% bolt on 5 link backhalf with air tank option for stupid cheap directly through him. now i just need to get the front stuff and air management.

i got such a good deal on it i dont mind letting it sit in the basement until the time is right. eventually when i find the right truck and everything else falls into place ill do it.

back to your build… what size tank? compressors? valves? line? just curious on more info. the chassis looks amazing.

what size(overall height) tire is planned?