Driving Impressions: C6 Corvette

nice writeup joe :tup:

Ok so VW sucks at build quality as well (surprised? I’m not)…I’m not bashing GM b/c it’s GM…I’m pissed b/c they a) designed a simple interior to avoid build quality issues and then b) didn’t even get that shit right.

If you’re gonna build a car with a simple interior, that’s fine, just get it right. The interior on my EVO isn’t anything special, but everything WORKS THE WAY IT IS SUPPOSED TO.

Well, only about 50% of buyers even care about it, if that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and Nissan’s interiors aren’t any better than GM’s. Sure, some of the materials may look and feel nicer but the ergonomics suck, controls aren’t where they are supposed to be, and the armrest feels like it is made out of concrete. The coin holder falls out if you put anything in it, the glove compartment buzzes, the defroster has vomited its weatherstripping, seats fray at the very thought of velcro, etc.

It is an interior, they are all the same now. A C5 vette had the best interior Ive ever seen, I wish it hadnt changed with the C6. Either way, if you notice it too much, it means you are going too slow.

Le Mans blue :tup:
automatic vette :tdown:
LS2 :tup:
overall :tup:

You have a sentra; let me respond with Howie’s quote:

imo the Z32 has the best HVAC controls ever.

But even the current “flagship” is questionable.

Good car + shitty build quality = GM
Its not news. I would still buy a C6.

i loved those damn controls, and anyone thats ever been in my car has asked me what it was that i was touching that was beeping. they were always surprised to see it was my ac/heat and complemented it. it is in a very convenient location and its very easy to adjust without taking ur eyes off the road.

Let me make this clear…I DO NOT CARE ABOUT HOW THE INTERIOR IS DESIGNED, I DO CARE THAT WHEN YOU DESIGN SOMETHING IT SHOULD WORK.

yes, because no one ever puts change in the ashtray :rolljerk:

If I had to choose between a $40K car with 400hp and a couple of less than stellar interior details and a $40K car with 250-300hp and a nicer interior, guess which I would pick? Joe’s review was good, can’t say I disagree with any of it.

You choose what you want and I will do the same. Choice is what it’s all about.