C6 Z06 pricing and 0-60 announced

link

0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds while still in first gear

:roll: right…in that case, those are long ass gears…

The Ford GT does 0-60 in first gear too.
I’m guessing they do it to post better 0-60 numbers (aka no shift)

Besides … with 470lb-ft of torque at 4800rpm and a 7000rpm redline would you recommend short gears?

And are you rolling your eyes at 3.7 seconds? :roll:

looks like an nsx…

guys…pictures do not do this thing justice. The sights the sounds it is just :shock:

got to see, touch, feel, and sit in a preproduction C6 Z06 this weekend at the SCCA Toledo National Tour…and just that experience made the trip well worth it.

I will have pictures uploaded soon so you guys can see, but it is beautiful.

benefits of being an autoxer…the head of marketing for GM’s corvette division is a former SM ladies national champ and was willing to drive that beast all the way from detroit to let us humble people see small block pushrod perfection. (yes i know its an opinion but i never thought i would see a grown man cry at the sight of this super vette)

GM has done something right, although they are doing horrible in the market right now. In one quarter they lost something like 2 billion dollars, proving they have work to do. Z06 vette is perfection.

Damn that’s fast! I don’t even want to look at that link any more, the more I look at cars like that the slower I feel. …But then again Im not spending $80,000 to have a 13 second car. Im spending under $8000.00

$80,000 for an 11 second car… maybe 10. :wink:

$8000.00 includes the purchase price of my car!

How much was your car? :stuck_out_tongue:

i would totally roll in that corvette , one of the few american cars i wouldnt mind owning

0-100 times are a better indicator in cars like that

Nice car and really fast. Still don’t like the fact that it still uses leaf springs tho :S. I don’t care that they’re specially designed and inverted and shit, they’re still leaf springs!

MMFF magazine ran a 10.9 in a Ford GT with only a blower pulley and drag radials. Car ran deep 11’s on the stock rubber. Z06 should be able to do the same with little trouble.

I’m glad that the new Z06 isn’t a coupe, but more of a fastback. I like that style for vettes a lot better.

And Toronto240sx, think more high 13, low 14 for ur car… this way you won’t be disappointed

Corvettes are one of those few cars that actually improve every generation. So power to them.

That is a REALLY fast street car, a nice exotic to own. I love the fastback look as well. I bet that thing sounds just sick…

Think more like 13, low 14 for my car…this way I wont be disappointed?

Honestly right now Im not aiming for anything, I would be happy if me SR swap get done with out any problems :lol: .

i have heard that Z06’s and other Corvettes will run 11’s out the box but i have also gone head to head with a few on the highway, all modded, and although they had higher top speeds and sounded alot meaner than my car they certainly didnt pajama me.

in fact they were only a little bit faster

at TMP i watched a few of them do 13’s and nothing more.

but i guess driver has ALOT to do with it, but still, that shouldnt matter as much on highway pulls.

You saw Z06s specifically do 13s?

That’s just sad. Mind you, esp 6spds, they are definitely not the easiest cars to launch. In fact, people who are all about drag racing have been known to toss the T56s in favor of a built 4L60E automatic.

So it is stick after all? What was all that BS about it being auto when the first discussion about it came up?

Otherwise, nice car, I’m just still getting used to the look. I’m sure it’ll grow on me, but atm I still think the C5 looks better.