Z06 Vette walking all over new GTR

hahaha still to slow for the good old corvette.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/NEW-GTR-R35-VS-C6-Z06_172339.htm

The Vette has more power, less weight and less drivetrain loss. What did you expect?

crush little jdm kids dreams.

it doesn’t have more power

ANNNND… that is a bone-stock GTR. Vs. a “gulf-spec” Z06.

wtf is gulf spec? that could be a twin-turbo 700hp z06 for all that video shows.

The winner in Money vs. speed? still very debatable… however, that video isn’t exactly “proof”

Dirka dirka jihad!

Isn’t that kind of American cars schtick though…from a roll. Torque + no drivetrain loss.

GT-R does everything else better by a comfortable margin. From a dig, the Z06 would have zero chance.

i rather have the gtr

I’m pretty sure it is actually quite the opposite. Turbo cars tend to prefer a rolling start to the best of my knowledge.

Doesn’t the GTR unlock more power and trick stuff when it ‘knows’ that it’s at a track?

Doesn’t the GTR unlock more power and trick stuff when it ‘knows’ that it’s at a track?

i think this is only applys to models in japan

Screw the video… Nissan > Chevrolet…PERIOD.

I’d disagree. Both companies have some merit when it comes to performance cars and I would say that one isn’t really any better than the other, just different.

i am not surprised by this race at all, take both cars into the bendies and I guarentee the gtr laps the z06. The z06 is serious on performance but so is the GTR and i am hearing that every GTR has a different hp rating cause every V6 twin turbo is hand build. The z06 is build by a machine. Plus the GTR is AWD and 0-6 is faster than the vette, and apparently the 60- whatever they hit is not lol

The Z06 has some psycho top end that surprises a lot of expensive cars.

Thanks for sharing.

…and AWD cars tend to like a standing start.

Indeed. That being said, I don’t think either setup has a distinct advantage. The big V8 is going to give a ton of torque to get it off the line quickly, and the GTR has a lot of traction to get it off the line quickly. I was mainly pointing out that the LSXs don’t typically enjoy highway racing more than anything else.

I remember reading something about this feature on the GTR that allows for even quicker launches from a standstill. Using the feature, people have beat the official 0-60 times or something like that.

Some sequence of buttons that does something…i forget the details…

All i have to say is screw the Z06 the GTR is better and will always be better!! lol

plain old Z06 or the Z06 ZR2? huge difference here. and the corvette comes available with many options. named lingenfelter, Z06, Z06 ZR2, Gulf Spec and there is another that i can not quite remember the name.

each car will surpass the other in one category or another. i believe both these cars are definetley a good bang for your buck. just depends on what you like more?

i would take the corvette. GTR has to much electronics for me. corvette is closer to mainly mechanical than the GTR. im a young adult that loves old school torque. horsepower is nice and all. but being smashed back in your seat is the best feeling. (yea i know the gtr does it as well)

maybe i am just more bias towards the corvette. even though i never really liked them too much. always have and always will be a chevy guy. just getting into this jap crap. so hey. just my opinion.

you’ll always find cars faster…

heck…dump enough money into a little civic hb and you’ll get better numbers

not the point…

GTR has it’s urban legend status

Corvette has the working class hero status

just depends on what you want, and what you’re into

moral of the story…

don’t dump tons of money into a civic…

in the end…it’s still a civic