Z06 Vette walking all over new GTR

what the hell is a “Z06 ZR2”?

well said!

Good question :confused:

They race from a dig using the GT-R’s launch control… it still gets pwnt.

The corvette manages to best the GTR with out the help of AWD or the fancy electronic aids… it bests it in launch, 1/4 mile and the twisties… ala the nurberg times. I’m sure once a better spec of the GTR is released or the tuners get there hands on one the tables may turn but stock for stock… BYE BYE.

All comments based on C6 ZR1 not the base model corvette.

Regardless its the best offer from both camps at the present time.

I just dont get the hype here. Whoopie do, the Corvette wins in a straight line. Are we back in the 50s where thats all that mattered?

Compare the cars in every performance category and then you can taunt about which is better, not some street race in Dubai.

ZR1 beats GT-R on the Nordschleife :stuck_out_tongue:

the GT-R is fat and ugly. i have never understood the fasination with skylines period. with exception of the early models, they have always been overweight and overengineered. not trying to start a war, just my opinion.

as for this vid, we should all reserve judgement on which car performs better untill there is a REAL test. my money is still on the Vette.

peace

The GTR is is pretty solid piece of engineering. I think the main draw to them is the fact that they’re extremely quick for the money you can purchase them for. There are other cars on the market that are similar to that, but part of North America’s fascination with it comes from that fact that it was relatively unattainable (sort of a forbidden fruit).

The R35 is horrible to look at, but it is quick, and thats what the designers were going for methinks.

Even from a dig the Z06 has been clocked faster in almost all trials. The Z06 also has a higher top speed than the GTR, aswell as faster acceleration times from various rolling speeds. Now take the Z06 to the track and it will get spanked :slight_smile: Being a skyline owner myself, I would clearly take the GTR over a Z06 because I doubt I will find myself drag racing Z06’s on the highway at 150+ mph. As a daily driver and track car, the GTR is a far better machine. All a matter of opinion really.

And yeah Mike, the ZR-1 Beat the GTR on the Nur… With a 620hp supercharged 6.2L V8 and 3350lbs… Raw power at its finest.

newest corvette. supercharged ls7 i believe

and my apologies. ZR1!!! not ZR2. for whatever reason the ZR2 is a '70 model.

there is no exact charts. but a couple months ago it was stated that the LS7 would be pushing well over 620hp and 595ft.lbs of torque.

:cool:

I question that video highly.

A stock z06 2008 runs mid-high 11s stock.

A stock 2009 GTR runs mid-high 11s stock.

The zo6 train lengthed that GTR as if the GTR was a 13 second car, somthing is up.

High 10s for the Z06 (10.981)

I thought the Z06 has like 20 more hp and is 700lbs lighter? am I wrong? What does the GTR have as an advantage over a Z06?

clearly people havnt been watching enough tv. the vette in pretty much any trim level can spank the ugly overweight gtr any day even in germany nurburgring, all this awd turbo blah blah sequetial semetrical traction control and more electronics then future shop is rediculous.
Vette - 1
GTR - 0

LOL nice trolling Matt.

0-60 and 1/4 mile and braking and the 'ring GT-R still has the C6 and Z06. So what channel are you watching again? The one with all the colorful lines that goes beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

It’s quite simple: if you have a mullet then go drive the Vette, for anyone else drive the “ugly” GTR. (i say “ugly” because most people don’t like the styling, I’ve seen it in person and it looked pretty damn good)

Being a Corvette fan myself the Z06 and ZR1 imo are better performance cars. I disagree with you though that the Corvette in ANY trim level is a better car. The base Vette(even with Z51 package) will not outperform the GTR. Both cars offer supercar capabilities for a lot less money and it’s really a matter of personal preference. The GTR gets a thumbs up from me.

if you were to pick a platform to make a race car from it would be the Z06 hands down…

the z06 will walk on the turbo car top end… and most racing is not a low end drag race but top end pull…

go to mosport and see what happens

Wow. GOGO Education system, failing us yet again.

Did you just skip over my post where I posted that the Z06 is a half second faster than the GT-R in the 1/4, and when it comes to 0-60, the Vette will do it in 3.4 seconds compared to the GT-R’s 3.5 seconds, and 0-100 in 7.3 for the Z06 compared to 8.5 for the GT-R. I don’t have any numbers atm for braking.

Again, the GTR kicks ass, but it certainly doesn’t demolish the Z06.

I’d also like to mention the 'Vette is just about due for a redesign and is comparatively old tech.

^^^ You quoted me as if I cared what you thought… I don’t American tech, so what?

These 2 cars are the epitomy of each culture’s technology. The Vette has a huge V8 that is typical of American cars. The GTR has a gobs and gobs of technology. Does it matter if 1 goes faster around Nurbugring? Not really, it can be debated for a long why the Vette has a lower lap time, the course is over 20 kms long, lots of things can go wrong and slow you down.

Besides, since the Vette has the official lower lap time, it just means that every car manufacturer will want to beat it, which will in turn make better cars for us. How can that be bad?