Z06 Vette walking all over new GTR

I don’t like American tech… Damn edit button…

Mhmm.

Welcome to reality.

Z06 Weight: 3132lbs
GTR Weight: 3835lbs

I hate to be captain obvious but 700 pounds is a lot!

I’ve seen the GTR dyno around 430awhp and 406awhp and the Z06 at 440rwhp and 450rwhp (all Dynojet IIRC) so the race makes total sense from that angle.

Trust me I’m not one for arguing over the internet but I’ll slap my dick on the table anyway. I’ve driven both cars, you haven’t. A credible source Edmunds.com threw down a 3.3-second 0-60 in the GTR, Z06 hasn’t done that. And the 1/4 mile are fairly close…but GTR wins in braking, on the track, on the 'ring, on the skidpad, on the slalom yet 700lbs more and less hp?! Then again so many variables, conditions, politics, lies, driver skill blah blah. again I could give a fuck.

All I’m saying is all y’all who use highway runs as the be-end-all of performance is laughable. The Z06 is a lot to control to get those numbers trust me. Most of us would be faster in a GTR doing anything, in all kinds of conditions and surfaces.

I am going for food now good day and god bless.

Shouldn’t the Z06 ZR1 be compared to the Spec-V version of the GTR? And the regular corvette be compared to the regular GTR?

Just sayin.

^^^Totally Agreed. Regular GTR (which in my book is still better) shouldn’t be compared with with no zr1 or z06 compare those American plastic covered “things” with the V-Spec.
I highly doubt that the zr1 or the z06 will have something on the V-Spec.

Why wouldn’t the Z06 be compared to the GT-R? They’re sort of in the same price range (around $70k) when you don’t look at dealer markup.

The ZR1 is going to be a good chunk more expensive though. The V-Spec may be better than it, I wouldn’t be surprised, but it isn’t out yet so we’ll see shortly. The 'Vette is up for a redesign pretty shortly too, so that might bring it up a notch.

I don’t know why you guys have to hate on American cars so badly.

Me personally i just don’t like American cars with an exception of very few, but i wont argue the ridiculous speed of the zr1 its a freaking monster but its a top of the line model of a somewhat super car.

GTR on the other hand will have another way more powerful vehicle coming out shortly and then you could compare best of Vs best of.

But besides all that I would way rather be sitting in a GTR with it’s nicely crafted materials then sitting in a car made with every type type of plastic possible ranging from a lite shade of gray going all the way down to simple black plastic and everything in between. And honestly it’s just such a puke inside I’d rather be sitting in a s13 over that any day The Motor is good though.

the only people i see hatin on the american cars really are the people who have only joined in like 2007 2008 and are all fanboys of the new gtr, the corvette still ownes the nissan thing its just some people are to ignorant to admit it.

I won’t judge to firm before I drive both. The new ZR1 looks SO sexy but a Z06 is nothing special to me.

I don’t like American cars either but credit where it is due…

Hey, hey don’t forget me I’m a fanboi too.

Matt get over your highway run mullet machine…the GT-R is a big GT track car that murks the Z06 on anything other than a straight dry line. But then again whoa re: Road & Track and Top Gear anyway…shady dirka videos and one guy in MD that ran a 10.9 much more credible.

#3 imagine that http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6939

TOP GEAR TRACK:
1:17.3 – Ascari A10
1:17.6 – Koenigsegg CCX (with “Top Gear Spoiler”)
1:18.4 – Pagani Zonda F
1:18.9 – Maserati MC12
1:19.0 – Ferrari Enzo
1:19.5 – Ariel Atom 2 300
1.19.7 - Nissan GTR
1:19.7 – Ferrari 430 Scuderia
1:19.8 – Porsche Carrera GT
1:19.8 – Lamborghini Murciélago LP640
1:20.4 – Koenigsegg CCX [6]
1:20.7 – Ascari KZ1
1:20.9 – Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
1:21.2 – Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano
1:21.9 – Ford GT
1:22.3 – Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
1:22.3 – Porsche 911 GT3 RS
1:22.4 – Chevrolet Corvette Z06
1:22.5 – Noble M15
1:22.9 – Ferrari F430 F1
1:23.2 – Ferrari F430 Spider F1
1:23.7 – Lamborghini Murciélago (retested)
1:23.8 – Pagani Zonda C12 S 7.3
1:23.9 – Aston Martin DBS
1:23.9 – Koenigsegg CC8S
1:24.3 – Prodrive P2 Active diff. on
1:24.4 – Audi R8(damp track)
1:24.6 – TVR Sagaris
1:24.8 – Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ-400
1:24.8 – TVR Tuscan Mk.II
1:25.0 – Noble M12 GTO-3R
1:25.1 – Lotus Exige S
1:25.2 – Audi RS4[7]
1:25.7 – Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
1:25.8 – Lamborghini Gallardo (wet)
1:25.9 – Morgan Aero 8 GTN
1:26.0 – BMW Z4 M Roadster
1:26.0 – Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ320
1:26.2 – BMW M5
1:26.2 – Porsche 911 Carrera S
1:26.2 – Brabus S Biturbo Roadster
1:26.4 – Lotus Exige (mildly moist)
1:26.7 – Porsche Cayman S
1:26.8 – Chevrolet Corvette
1:26.8 – Ferrari 575M Maranello HGTC
1:26.9 – Mercedes-Benz CLS55 AMG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the list of truth

wheres the Z06? i can’t see it.

oh yeah, its 11 spots down…

Wow calling someone a fanboi because they’re stating the facts and basing it on when they joined , i don’t even like the new GTR but saying the ZR1 or Z06 is walking all over it is just IGNORANT…

Edit* P.S. Whats wrong with being a Fan of a great car I like R32s all types the most and I’d like any of those in the stock form over anything Chevrolet Has to offer

Coop LE = fail at sucking the corvettes dick.

they need back to back testing done…

same driver same track…same tires ect…

ok so compare it to the nur spec gtr 700+ to the wheels

please… all in all the Skyline in the beginning was a ground breaking car. up untill this POS GTR… the padel shifters are gay… launch control is gay…

i can expect the z06 to be faster just because you know… actually knowing how to use a clutch and the shifter will win the race… i bet the guy in the GTR either didnt know how to use the padels or just had it in “D”… oh wait i get it… when he saw he was loosing he threw it in “R” -acing"…

hands down the clutch and shifter let you feel like your driving a nice car… the padels are gay for old men and dumb bitches that cant use a clutch and are afraid of hills or are lazy…

stop being GTR fanboys…

a true car enthuist… wait, performance and race enthusit… would hate the fact the GTR dosent come in 6spd manual.
and for the record the z06 is just shy of 3000 pounds… i dont think the GTR is that much heavier

Yeah not much more 1770kg (3900lbs)

And the gay paddle shifters slam the next gear in 0.2s second fastest in the world next to the 430 Scuderia…and lightyears ahead of any manual driver.

LOL, so much fanboiiiiiism on both sides.
Hay guys, I heard that not all cars are the same speed! OMGBBQ!!1

While the new Z06 has been growing on me, I still can’t say I like it. I respect it, but I doubt I would ever own one. With that being said, I doubt I’ll ever own a GTR either, but it is a hell of a lot more likely choice than a Vette for me.
Personally, give me the slower R8 or E92 M3 over both those two and I’ll be happy.