F&*K Yeah it goes in the snow.

Ew yeah, wouldn’t happen if that was my car.

pussy!

Whatever man. If I’m dropping $100k+ on a car, it isn’t even coming out if there’s a chance of rain, let alone snow. To each their own, though.

oh yeah mid engine?

my 83 corvette is mid engine? :dunno:

:rofl:

why waste your money on a car if your not going to drive it? So its nice for the next guy? If I had 100k to buy a car I would drive that thing every day. Thats why we pay for insurance isn’t it? I guess you could carry a picture of it to show everyone that you own one. When they ask how it drives just tell them you dont know because your too scared to drive it.

I think what Jeff was trying to say was it is almost a 50/50 weight balance between front and rear.

or rear driveaxle?

that is the exact reason i would drive it everywhere. if i drop that money its damn well getting used.

Don’t get me wrong, it would get driven every day it isn’t raining or snowing. Haha

better move then cause you won’t enjoy it much around here lol

why waste your money on a car if your not going to drive it? So its nice for the next guy? If I had 100k to buy a car I would drive that thing every day. Thats why we pay for insurance isn’t it? I guess you could carry a picture of it to show everyone that you own one. When they ask how it drives just tell them you dont know because your too scared to drive it.

If i dropped 100K on a new car like that, i’d want to keep it nice. I just put in a new motor in my car this year and cleaned up the chassis abit and I wont even take that car in the rain and NEVER snow. I didnt even do it the year before the motor swap. But i do drive the shit out of it when its NICE outside to fully enjoy the car.

Why putz around in a ZR1 in a rain/snow storm just to drive the car? If you want to cruise 25-30mph in those conditions just because you dropped 100K on the car and you feel like you have to drive it all the time, then be my guess. To me, if you arent banging gears and pushing corners in that car why drive it? Using a ZR1 to take the place of a civic/corrolla/other daily drivers doesnt make sense to me at all.
Keep it nice, keep it clean and when its nice outside, go enjoy the car on dry roads and test that power. that car is a supercar built for racing. Use it for that purpose.

im not saying drive it in the snow all the time. but if its gonna snow 1/2 inch (i know it was more in this case) fuckin drive it. rain WHO GIVES A SHIT its water. next time you wash it OMG its clean. so you have to wash it 2 times a week instead of once every month. i met a guy with a viper that never washed his car (because it never got dirty). he cleaned the wheels with soap and water and car dusted and waxed the rest of it drive it. its nice when you go to work… ooh well its shitty on the way home or the opposite. im def lookin fora 01-03 zo6 and the grand am will be gone. keepin the truck for snowy days and to lug anything that wont fit in the trunk of a vette.

i’m sure the guy doesnt live in a shack. And i’m sure that the ZR1 isnt the most expensive car he owns. He’s not driving it in the snow because he HAS to, but because he wants to. If i had $120k to my name, i wouldn’t spend it on a ZR1. He’s driving it in the snow because he can. If i had the money to own a ZR1, i’d drive mine in the snow, just to piss people off.

and have them go online and start a thread :blah: exactly what i was thinkin too about the different cars… either that or he just got his through work and it happened to snow on his way home or while at work. and he isnt a pussy and decided oh well its only 20 miles to home ill do it and then have Geaves detail it up when i get home

I had mine out today. It wouldn’t stop spinning on cold pavement. I couldn’t imagine what it would be like in snow. let alone with 300 more horsepower.

I used to deliver Pizzas in a 1972 roadrunner of course gas wasnt even 99 cents a gallon and most cars were RWD then.

The original vettes were advertised as good winter cars. It had a lot of weight on the back wheels so it was good in the snow. :bigthumb:

The c4-c6 are technically mid engine because the engine sits completely behind the front axle. Some people on corvetteforum drive theirs in the snow. You need the right wheels and tires, though. A few people wiped out and trashed their cars driving in the snow on the stock runflats or goodyear eagles.

When I was driving back from miami I saw a guy in a porsche cleaning it off at a rest stop. Come on now you’ve got to get back on the highway and drive more. Just clean the car when you get home.

I’d drive the piss out of that thing rain/sleet/snow/shine. Don’t have to worry about to much snow down here.

maybe it was nice when he went to work & then it snowed???

I have driven my truck in the snow under the same circumstances. I wasn’t thrilled, but I did it. I wouldn’t buy the ZR1 just to drive it in the snow, but I would definately drive the wheels off of it. It is just a car. I know that is a funny statement coming from me (both my truck & my GTO will never go out in snow again - if I can help it), but I’d love to buy something & enjoy it for what it is, instead of putting it on a pedestial.

Most people who can afford a ZR1 have more than 1 valuable car & more than likely their DD is more expensive than the ZR1.

Give me 2 days i could fill that bitch up with newports and black velvet bottles.
drive it off road and not give once a thought. it’s a car fuck it. they make more.