My car sucks in the snow

The GTP just blows. I don’t know if it’s the car or the tires. I’m guessing the tires - Potenza RE-950s. I’m going to have to get some Blizzaks and maybe another set of rims.

What about you other Grand Prix guys? How are yours in snow?

No so sure on the grand prix but Civic Si’s with oem tires are meant for tropical climates. I could barely make it out of my neighborhood this AM because any way I go is a hill and it was all white as far as i could see.

I need studded snow tires ASAP

my 04 GP sux in the snow too

you dont need studded, just get some blizzaks…i got 4 blizzaks mounted on rims shipped to my house for like 450 from tirerack, now my car will go anywhere

i run BS snow tires in the front and bald all seasons in the back… i make it around fine. must be the weight of the gtp + long wheel base.

my GTP did ok, 2 door 2002 coupe, with Goodyear RSA’s

glad i’m not suffering this winter… 4wd Blazer owns. on a side note i saw an old datsun/nissan… maybe a 280z or something spinning and fishtailing a lot. i bet they’re horrible in the snow.

“ya, this 240sx would make a great winter beater” :eek:

meh… it might not have been too bad… those things have a good weight balance

:kekegay:

GET SOME FUCKING SNOW TIRES…

I swear I get so tired of seeing the dumbasses in the Mustang GT with summer tires running into people cause they are too fucking cheap/stupid to buy some decent snow tires…

Thank you,

At least someone has some sense around here…

i highlighted the important parts for you.

i like doing doughnuts in my dads Silverado

my GT went fine with 300lbs of sand in the back, and all season 245/45/17s

now, my cobra wont go for shit

Taco’s 99GT went fairly well in the snow too. all things considered.

it’s really the 275/40/17 performance tires I blame for lack of snow traction lol, to damn wide, snow just packs in the grooves, then stays in there, makes it look like a slick heh

that statement doesn’t make sense because that’s how snow tires work, the snow packs in all the small grooves of the tires and sticks to itself creating traction

my integra is suckin pretty bad in the snow. could be the fact that i need new tires tho

haha… you’ll have to see it to understand, but when all you have is two 17" balls of snow to ride on in the back… you dont go anywhere

besides my tires compact patches are MUCH larger than that of a snow tire, with the plethora of grooves that are imbedded in those

and… my snow pattern is not aggressive at all for my tires