Feds Begin to Seize Illegal Nissan Skyline GT-Rs in California

and rallye golfs

it’s been 25 for a long time…

well lets see it changed what less that 15 years ago?

Waste of money to be chasing around these illegal cars, but I doubt any of the fools in the Midwest and/or South (aside from FL) with the 240SX or kit car titled GT-Rs will run into trouble unless they go all big time and high profile.

Said it before, and I’ll say it again, if you want a legal BNR32 without buying one of the original federalized vehicles, you could probably do it with 1) a highly trusted friend in Canada and 2) keeping a low profile at the border crossing. Set aside some $$ too to make trips into Canada every 3 months for insurance purposes, and couple plane tickets for the guy/gal in 1). Thanks to the 15 yr rule, there are quite a few cars out there just over the 5 figure mark. Good luck with maintenance though!

4 more years!!! :excited ask my buddy kevin about importing rallye golfs :banghead

Yup, There is a guy that knows more about this topic than anybody else. The problem isn’t registering the car. You can move it to Canada, hide it in your basement or register it in Vermont. The bottom line is there is a paper trail that leads the car to you. Sooner or later you will have a DOJ representative knocking on your door and some explaining to do. I think any car that didn’t come from Motorex will soon be gone.