Feds seizing skylines in Cali

The Feds are catching on to drivers bringing in skyline shells and re-assembling it…sucks
:mad:

Yep, they raided Kaizo a few months back and now they’re moving in on owners. It’s so fucked up.

Calvin shut the fuck up

LOL, get back to work PB

sucksss! I wonder if farmer is nervous? lol

i dont think the feds will come to canada to take a car…

they can’t come in and take anything, not up to the US government to decide if things in canada are legal or not/ enforce said laws

eh just move out of cali states guys

It’s not just Cali, I know cars in NY and Florida that have been seized as well. It is the FEDERAL USA government going after these people, not the states. The local government doesn’t give two shits what you are driving around. I know of lots of black market cars in WNY and people just hope they won’t get caught.

Sucks

Mike, any guys in the states have skylines siezed?

Most likely they will get their vehicles impounded but since it is leagal for them to have the vehicle as long as they rarely drive it. I dunno if its a specific amount of km’s but they will win in court as the government cannot prove as to how many km’s they drive the vehicle and whether it is for show purposes and such…

meh on going draconian crap. Witch hunt of the people

Yep, I know of two in NY state and another in Florida. R32’s. There isn’t really any grey area here despite what people will lead you to believe. R32’s and R34’s are not legal PERIOD in the states (Unless it’s a grandfathered MotoRex car). R33’s can be legalized for a fee with a registered importer ($$$). R32’s will be legal here after 25 years opposed to your 15, so uh Early 2014 late 2013? (Did they have 1988 production dates for not GTR’s?)

Nope, I can assure you those cars will be crushed. The fed will claim Kaizo was rebranding chassis from Nissan that were otherwise unmodified, which makes them a Nissan chassis, with the original drivetrain in them, which is a CLEAR violation of EPA and nhtsa/dot regulations.

Wow thats messed but if they changed their drivetrain and such the car would be leagal?

It’s not messed up, it’s the law. No. EPA/DOT/NHTSA regulations govern the chassis as well as the engine. The chassis doesn’t pass crash specs, the glass isn’t DOT approved, nor are the restraint systems, and the chassis has to pass EPA C02 regs as well as having an approved catalytic converter, diagnostic plug and the appropriate emissions devices (air pump, etc. Yes for the CHASSIS as well as the engine). Do I agree with the laws? Nope, but they are on the books so I try and abide by them.