Fiberglassing project: Suggestions wanted

Molding the two side skirts would be the way I would do it. It’s going to look good when your done! Moar Pix!

Yeah man that’ll look sick

UPDATE. Here is what I have so far…

Aggresive as FUCK

Ok now looking for suggestions on how to tie the two pieces together. Can i just glue and thefill the seam with kitty hair or long and strong and smooth it out? Or should i do it the hard way and lay some matter and resin over the seam and sand it down?

thats so awesome, Ron! oh man, i cant wait to see it on the car already

I would lay a 2’ strip of angel hair fiberglass(i dont know what else people call it but the smother finish glass. Carefully resin it to save yourself work later and then sand and finish. I would think that it would crack or separate if you only glued it.

angel hair is the tighter weave matte correct. Its not like a paste. Now here is my dilemna how do i hold the pieces together at the seam and apply the fiberglass over it?

countersink short fine thread wood screws then glass over them. Grind off any threads poking through the back of the glass with a dremal/metal cutting blade. This will be stronger. outlast glue.

idk if there is enough material for them to grab onto

Maybe use small flathead bolts if theres room for the nuts to be behind the glass when its on the car?

ok here is an idea.

What if I use extremely low profile head pop rivits? Is this possible since the two are not stacked on each other like ][ but they are more like this /[. Basically this isnt really for strutural support as it is to close the seam properly so i can evenly fiberglass over it

do some research on adhesives, lay a fatty bead down, sand smooth, fill, sand smooth, paint.

not seeing what the issue is i guess.

THats what I have been thinking, but a few people i have talked to had said they don’t think that would hold under the weave layer

i dont see why not?

sure the second you tap a cone you’re fucked but that’s bound to happen with glass skirts anyways.

i would use some sort of mechanical fastener. Whether it be rivets screws bolts whatever. As long as the heads sit low enough to glass over you should be fine.

use panel adhesive to bring the two together…that stuff is strong as hell

I think his rivets idea and glassing over that will work.

Noticed one of the skirts has a small kink in it. So the bottom is not completely straight across. Actually about 1/2" or so. Can I heat up the fiberglass with a heat gun and bend the kink out?

possibly. if you heat the whole thing, use clamps and clamp it onto a board or something so it cools off straight. is it a really bad kink?

its enough to annoy me

want to try to heatgun it? i can bring my heatgun and we can warm up the entire panel and clamp it down to a board or something and see if that helps