Anyone Fiberglass?

OK I’m Fed Up!

does anyone do fiberglassing? What I need done is if you have seen the aftermarket radio mounts, sometimes they have that pocket below them from dead space, Well I need it fiberglassed into a switch panel and I;m fucking fed up with fiberglass.

Anyone want a case of beer of their choice or monetary value to do it and do it right. I have most of the shit, but my paitents are gone with this crap and it needs done.

Help please

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have a couple made already what size do you need

what is pissing you off about fiberglass? Shit, i just started using it recently. Just made a dash out of it. the dash itself is dope. But im trying to make it all smooth and shit w/o using putty.

Any tips for getting shit smooth w/o a whole bunch of sanding? I’m thinking of mixing some resin up, and spreadiing it w/o the glass as a top coat per-se.

once you get the fiberglass close, you can spray a gel coat on top of that (thats what fiberglass body parts have before paint)

I was having a hell of a time with the resin setting too fast or not enough (due to the fucking weather temps). I got the panel made finally. Its not perfect but it matches pretty good.

As for smooth, you have to keep sanding, Thats what everyne I talk to says, Sand sand and sand, When your done, sand some more. Fine grit of course and filler is a necessary evil.

i would talk to Lopes, he is in Steel Citys Finest. he drives the probe. talk to him, I know he is good with that shit. you could probably reach him on their forum

Use a skim coat of body icing- sands easy- if not I’ll finish it for ya- Free

I don’t know if that was an offer for me or not, but what I need is done to the best of my abilities and already wired. I will keep it in mind if I need future help :smiley: :bigok:

pics?

never… it’s a secret project!!! :kekegay: