fiberglass help.

hey, awhile ago i removed my stock spoiler, it was starting to rust underneath. at first i used bondo which smooth out nicely but than a couple weeks later they just poped threw so the holes were back :frowning: so than i tried long hair fiberglass which worked good… except i can’t sand it down smoothly… i would of tried all day (when i did it) but it started raining so i quickly finished it since i had no other time to do it for several weeks… now i got a little problem. my back hatch has ugly bumbs (can only see if up close). does anyone know a good way of smoothing down fiberglass? or could possible help me with this since im not good with body work.

.kitchener area.

take out tha high spots with a file, or grinder, then fill it up with glazing putty.

thats what i did. you can find glazing putty at cdntire.

ya…well first sand it down as much as possible then put a layer of bondo or glazing putty on…then sand with like 180 grit, then primer and sand with like 320…then if it looks ok then put the colour on, wet sand it to perfection, then put a last layer of paint on, some clear coat and your good to go.