Removing Spoiler Holes

I just took my ghey spoiler off my 240 and it was just attracting rust, if anyone has done this can you share your experience on what you did to get all the wholes in and such.

Sand to metal around the holes, weld up the holes. Use a damp cloth placed around the hole to absorb heat and to prevent warpage. You can place some aluminum under the hole while welding it to make it easier. Then grind flat, sand, bondo, prime, paint, clear and you are done.

welding = dont have one at the house Nor do we have one at the dads shop (pipeline weights) well it does have oxy but no thanks… Id rather use mig.

There is nothing wrong with braze welding it with an oxy/acetyline welder. It does creat more heat. But as long as your smart about it you wont wreck anything. Im sure any shop pretty well anywhere would weld up those holes for a few dollars (literally).

What about fiberglass?

POR-15?

wel you could but it would suck, As for por15, it is literally a paint, it won’t fill holes. Oxy-ace will work just fine. If you were in Calgary I would do it for you in my garage.

Shit. That would be (but cant be) awesome.

How the hell did you get your spoiler off? How did you get those white pieces off? :?

They werent white, they were brown with rust :slight_smile:

my buddy is sanding his car and just took off the spoiler to find 4 fist sized holes from rust. he has an s13, he just put carbon fiber to cover the hole, the bondo and then sanded. fills them in nicely

i’ve shaved my antenna, buddy just put fiberglass, bondo , sand it down, primer, paint, clearct.