Fiberglass Resin

I will be patching some of the holes in my bed so I can pass inspection. Does anyone have any tips on doing this so it does not look half bad. I talked to the guy at Advance and he suggested using actual fiberglass and the resin. He said it would look better, last longer, and is not as hard to do.

I would assume do the easy things first, clean up all the rust, wash the parts so the fiberglass and resin have something to stick too. He also suggested using wax behing the resin so it wont slop up all over the place. Is there anything else I should know about doing this?

Thanks!
Sean

ask Jeff

if you stop by lunchtime i will show you what to do

thanks!

first bass is buildn a huge box so he would knpw

wear rubber gloves!!!

yea wear gloves and hope u dont somehow get and fibres between your fingers

wear rubber gloves correct
and do not taste the hardener!
and mix small cups untill you get the timing right so it doesnt kick before your done,
remember Count the drops dont just eyeball it.
ohh and if you do get some on your hands dont wory about it,
it comes off real easy, heres what you do
Take your now sticky hands and you kinda run them through your hair afew times, the natuerl oils in human hair quickly disolve the resin, provided its not already completely hardend. :bigthumb:

ACETONE FTW, buy dollar store paint brushes if you dont have a fiberglass roller, and you need to do this in a well ventilated area if you dont you’ll be stoned like Cheech and chong

use something to support the wet fiberglass until hardened. you may think it will stay in place, but once the resin soaks into the fiber matting, it runs and pulls apart very easily.

Props to Jeff for showing me a crash course in patching body panels last night!