Fiberglass!

http://www.onlineshowoff.com/images/articles/7442/HIE-Show-7-Sept-2003-147.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has some tips pointers on how to work with fiberglass resin? beautiful interior on this 240.
would you strip the current material or just pour resin on top?

wow, that is extremely nice work…

i have a couple friends back home that have work on that level, almost anyways…

they had to get it custom done.

on of my buddies have a real tough time getting it done right by the shop. the other spent large $$$ and his looks sweet.

well im sure that one there is pure show car, but give me a break it looks sweet…last time i checked nothing wrong with speed and looks

wow thats great, i didnt know i need to use mat, from watching a show on it as long as youre just turning existing into glass, resin will work fine, but like you say i dont want mine to flake, then again im not about to do the entire dash, just the pieces hes got in blue and door panel.
im practicing with resin on a spare glove box i got with my clip.
thanks for the info

Jesse: Stop making useless posts. K. Thx. :slap:

If you just poured fiberglass over it, it will make the final product slightly
larger. I’m gonna take a stab at how it would be done but I assume they
actually make a mould out of the dash, and then fiberglass the mould.

This may be a stupid question, but how do I go about making a mould? Like what products do i need etc. I just got a 240 and a few pieces are missing, so I am figuring that a cool project would be to redo myself. I have used fiberglass to redo large rust holes on the skirts on my old 240 and it looked pretty mint. However that was a large piece and quite easy to do. In terms of making small precice pieces, and moulds etc, how do I do that?

Also how do u add colour like the first picture?

i think you can get different colours of resin or whichever it is (i haven’t read into this to much) but i’d say you’d need to use like wood or something particle board? like a little piece and just cut it and sand into the general idea. (i’m thikning about the vents)

Yeh I think the hardest thing would be the mould. Making it right, so that the piece actually looks like the piece is my biggest concern. If anyone knows how to go about doing this…help would be much appreciated.

Looks pretty impressive but whats with the Automatic Tranny?

do you think it would be hard to make a fiberglass front lip?

im going to try it. hope me luck

anyone have any good online resources with in-depth how-to’s? (I’m going to be custom making a FG sub enclosure to fit snuggly into the corner of my trunk.

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52048

Not a bad thread from NICO, but still looking for other resources…

^^^Thats me^^^

Awesome link man!!!
Tommorow the projects start 8)
Thanks

i am pretty much working on a dash cover similar to that one, but not quite as blingin as the one pictured.

i am going to check out that link, cause i poured bondo fibreglass crap all over my dash (after i pulled all the vinyl off) and was hoping that would work when i sand it.

gotta do some reading…

post some pics of your work man!! lets see your process

Damn that 240sx looks realy nice!

omg THANK YOU :o it looks so easy! i bet its not.