Fobwall's Track Day! Sep 16th (Dunnville Autodrome)

2G, I’d like a ride in your car for a lap or two at some point. I’ve never been in a GTR and have been curious ever since.

That is if you don’t wanna get banned from SON. Totally up to you bro. :dunno:

A ride is 5 tokens per lap and 7 if you want me to run higher boost. Do not exit the ride until it has come to a full and complete stop.

Show people the line? are you kidding? I read on the internet that I have no idea where it is and that I suck at driving so that would be a mistake.

you could pace all newbs. frist run of the day giv it to them. pace them for 2
or 3 laps, pace car pulls in and lets all nebs run for till they get used to it. maybe
5-6 laps or 10-15 min.

trying to ‘slip by’ someone who has little to no expreince on the track could cause
problems.

peace

regardless of noob or not,
im going in your car for a lap or 2 dave.

Dave, I’m fairly familiar with who has been out before and who hasn’t and I’ve written a very clear set of basic “procedure” and rules for mark to hand out to everyone.

it clearly explains how to let people pass, when you can and cannot pass, where to go while you are being passed

where to be when you’re doing a cooldown lap

stuff like that

it is also mandatory for anyone who has not driven at dunnville before to have a more experienced driver do one of the following 3 things

1. experieced driver goes for a ridealong in newbies car to explain them ropes to them
  2. experienced driver drives the newbies car while newbie sits shotgun
  3. newbie goes for ridealong in experienced drivers car

Mark has volunteered his car for me to take newbies for drives if the newbie chooses to go with #3.

I’m no “experienced” driver really but I do clearly understand the rules and I know the track ettiquette well.

I will be sure to explain that they need to keep a good eye out for people in their rear view.

I’m also going to encourage you Dave and anyone else who is going to be doing a lot of passing to report to Mark, myself or anyone else carrying a 2-way radio who is not following the rules properly and I will re-explain it to them. If it is clear that they understand the rules and are intentionally breaking them, they will receieve their first of two warnings… it’s as simple as that.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and everyone will be happy.

Like I said… If anyone has an issue with absolutely anything be more than welcome to let Mark or myself know and that includes if it has something to do with the organization of the event.

I kind of like Tosh’s idea to let the noobs have the first 20 minutes or so but I have a feeling that there will be some experienced guys showing up right on time eager to drive and I hate to take time out of their day.

There are going to be a lot less noobs than there are experienced people so I think it’s best to have the noobs slightly delayed by 20-30 minutes (at absolute worst) while they wait to go for a ridealong with myself or someone else.

Wow, that was a long post looking at it after the fact haha.

Just another quick note… dip is famous for doing these days but this is not a dip organized day and there are a few small changes to the procedures (as far as flagging, passing, cooldown, etc).

There will be a handout given to every single driver including the experienced guys and everyone is required to read it carefully - it’s very short and to the point and it would be very appreciated if everyone reads it carefully and abides by the rules.

Dont forget to bring black flags…

…for george.

LOL.

^^ haha

I’m told the track supplies the tracks.

Yes the track will supply a well paved smooth track.

What about flags though???

Oh no you deh’int.

It looks like I have to do about 200 passenger laps now.

haha what the fuck

i dont know what i was thinking…

The TRACK supplies the FLAGS.

Sorry. :smiley:

i was wondering if spectators are allowed, i mean wanted to make it out but my car keeps giving me problems and is in no condition for a track day
i haven’t been out to any and was wondering if i could show up and watch and volunteer, learn and so on
and possibly get in on some rides with a few of you

you are of course welcome to spectate and go for ridealongs with friends or anyone else willing to take you for a ride

i recommend that you bring a helmet or rent one from the track I believe they are $10 or $15 each for the day.

also, be sure to track down Mark (Fobwall) to sign the waiver.

There will be 12 helmet for rent. $10 each at Dunnville.

So that is not a problem. I definitely recommend that everyone brings a helmet.

I know that a lot of people feel like they drive better without a helmet but put it this way:

Going to the track without a helmet is like having sex without a condom, it might feel better but do you wanna take the risk?

Yes. Yes I do.

ive got one in the oven from after school lovin,

I already took that risk!

but cant you just “rent” one from canadian tire & return it when the weekend is done?

you probably could, but you shouldnt.

Woohoo, my car is ready to go :slight_smile: I finally get to run this track on slicks!

420, nice! What kind of slicks u bringing?

So on the 16th, we’re going to see Conky (Jon) and 2G-Money (Dave) duke it out once and for all right?

No excuses for losing. Whoever wins can talk shit on SON. haha