Front bumper switched to repainted one without my knowledge

I worked in a dealership bodyshop and we would do this sometimes if the car got damaged coming off the truck or if one of the retarded oil change kids got rowdy and drove into a lot car.

we would usually just take a bumper off a brand new car of the same colour and change it (onto a brand new car) if it was a common enough car.

but we did get a saturn sky in one time that got fcked up coming off the truck, fcked up from the salesmen leaning on it, f*cked up from everyone driving it cuz it was brand new at the time.

so we repaired it like any other car and new sales delivered it to the poor sucker who bought it. i dont know if the salespeople ever told the guy his brand new car has filler in it, but there’s a lesson in it…

look over your brand new car for damage just like a used car.

ask the salesman if there was any damage.

be concerned if it takes a few days longer to be delivered then originally quoted.

everyone who touches the car between the time it rolls off the line to the point where you pick it up will drive the shit of out it, increasing the chances of damaging it along the way. it’s not their car, they dont give a f*ck.