REAR BUMPER REPLACEMENT. important

I have an issue that has been bothering me for the past couple of days, i need assisstance asap.

2 days ago i rear ended someones bumper on the highway. It was an 2002 Altima 2.5. Apparently i am paying cash to fix this job and it will need a bumper replacement but i dont know where i can find the cheapest part and labour.

The person told me to review my options and tell her what i would like to do, and im trying to find the cheapest method.

The body shop charges 600$+ for bumper and paint.

I was wonder if its possible to buy the bumper from nissan with the same color as her car and take it to replace it at a shop? would that be cheaper?

Or is there anywhere i can buy a used silver bumper that is in good condition?

Im a student and i have no job or money, i sincerely ask anyone to help me on this solution. Thank You.

I can sell you my rear bumper from my 2002 altima 2.5. It’s black but would need to be repainted but otherwise in good condition. I have a body shop that would be able to paint it for you for about $200 and I’m willing to sell you my rear bumper for $200.

So that would save you about $200 right there. Let me know if you are interested. I have a 3.5 bumper waiting to be thrown on since I did a dual exhaust swap and was going to sell the 2.5 bumper next summer but if you like you can have a look at my bumper and we can go from there.

Hey Dude.

Unfortunatly dealers dont sell painted body parts. Its just not cost effective for them. I think the best thing you could do is call an auto recycler. Shop around, you’d be surprised at what you’ll find at a scrap yard.

im the same boat as midnite|(only i got the bumper on and im waiting on 500$ to get a dual cat back nismo exhaust) i got a 2.5 bumper off a 2005 altima (it will fit only front is diff) but its black too!! but i got as guy here in cambridge who could paint it for you and ive installed mine a few times so im pretty quick could have new one on for u in bout 30 mins np! any way id be willing to hook u up painted and installed for 360$ if u can make here that is? ill even get it to you for you to get it installed @ 300