Maaco paint

Kay I’m kinda broke at the moment but i have no front bumper on my car, I just but a front kit piece and i needed to know a fairly cheap place to have it done. Someone was tellin’ me maaco…but everyone sais they do such a shitty job…
but if it’s just a front bumper think it could really be that bad?

I had a door handle painted to match at Maaco, and they messed up the color the first time (burgundy kindof color) but they repainted it for free, and I don’t think you could even tell the difference. Well the new paint was obviously shinier and less faded, but from a good thrree feet away you couldn’t tell.

Click that little search button up on the top. It should help.

I had my car painted at Maaco. I’m fine with how it looks, some people think it looks like crap. Front bumper could be bad, but I dont know. Depends on which Maaco you go to…

Speaking of paint and whatnot, anyone know of a good place to get some paint mixed up? I’m looking for some S14 Ultra Red (AJ4). Nissan Dealership?

i heard some napa places mix paint. 10 dollars a spray can.

DSM_Austin does a great paint job.

LOL.

:E :axe:

Fuck off

I had a car painted at Maaco on 156st and it turned out awesome. I would recommend them.

you bought the car there is no need to flame the seller because YOU fucked up.

I bought my beater with a Maaco paint job and it blows ass. I also know two other people who have had Maaco jobs and they look like ass. One guys car is red, terribly faded, awful orange peel and it just looks like ass. The other guy got his painted, about a week later the paint around the door locks all chipped off. On my beater the Maaco paint is very very thin and has flaked off in many places. They didn’t tape off things like trims or wipers, so they are all the colour of the body. :vom: It is also very faded and looks cheap.

When I got my new hatch I spray bombed it. I did it a few times because it faded and looked like ass. But its getting painted professionaly now that I have more cash in my car budget. It was a good temporary solution.

If you go to Carlson’s Autobody supply, they can mix you up any color you need. I belive they can even give you mixed paint in a aerosol can.

all I need it the fron bumper sprayed though, so if i just tell them to spray it before they put it on. can it really bad that bad…haha i’ve heard nothing but bad things about maaco.

ive heard decent things about macco if you do all the body work and prep, otherwise they will just spray over stuff/not sand., atleast thats what ive heard.

SHIET … go any autobody supply, amp panels, rocky autobody, aclands etc give him paint code and tell him if its single stage pait etc… he’ll mix it up. Than go maaco or any (mom pops autobody) and ask them how much to prime and “spray” a bumper cover you already have matching paint just need painter+ shop base and shop clear. Put it on yourself after save 4 hours of labor.

Just a bumper is a joke takes 10minutes to paint. Especcially if its new/prepped. And any painter can do it at anyshop. Not like he has to take ur car apart , fx rust etc.

Do it yourself…There are a number of places in edmonton where you can rent paint boothes by the hour. Get the right paint color from a body shop or somewhere else and have at it.

Thanks, I’ll check them out.

Such as?

for the price of getting your car painted by someone else you can go and buy a paint gun and a roll of polly. I say google a painting tips vid and do it yourself. That way you get tols and you learn and if MACO is as bad as everyone has been telling me that your job will only be the same or better if your a tidy person :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll check them out.

Such as?[/quote]

There’s one on calgary trail right next to where the Standard use to be and where The Ranch is now. I think it’s 80 bucks an hour for the paint booth.

i would just save up for a good paintjob from a reputable place and get it done right the first time,no need to regret anything that way.
or just drift bag the living hell outta it and then u will have no front end :lol:
in my opinion.

Oh yeah for sure…Either do it yourself or get it done right. My friends makko paint job looks like shit, it doesn’t even look like they did anything.

maaco=cheap place dealerships use to repaint cars, i did one there, didnt even take time to clean it up, turned out gay.