FS: blown 300ZX

Congrats to all who said my car would blow up…hope your fucking happy assholes.

Spent the past 2 months devoting every bit of free time i had to every detail about the car that was bothering me…and today, just driving it normal, not boosting, nothing rough, to the mall to pay some bills, boom, clink clang, screech. look under car, waterfall of oil…it’s done.

Have mint t-tops since the trim on mine is a bit beat…a new rear hatch that’s wingless and also mint, and a new, unpainted, OEM nissan j-spec front fascia with smoked turns, that were all waiting to be painted and put on the car.

Just had all new Infiniti speakers put in with a new Pioneer head unit. New door panels since mine were a bit rough. brand new floor mats, trunk carpet and tray carpet.

other perks/new stuff/aftermarket stuff:

• new oem shifter and shifter boot.
  • unorthodox racing underdrive lightweight pully.
  • stainless hardpipes with brand new, not even put on yet silicone couplers.
  • newer power transistor unit and harness.
  • water pump done with swap about 20K miles ago, so should still have a ton of life left.
  • full 2.5 inch stainless exhaust, with split downpipes, and HKS Hiper cat back.
  • JWT pop intake.
  • AshSpec tune.
  • less than 1000 miles on Hankook Ventus-RS2 tires. (225/45/16 front, 245/45/16 rear)

probably a LOT of other stuff too that i just can’t think of right now because i just can’t think in general right now. i’m fucking devastated, for the few true automotive enthusiasts on this forum that know what it’s like to truly be passionate about and love a vehicle, you might know what it feels like. it wasn’t even about putting all of my spare cash into it, and all of my spare time into fixing everything i can to make it as close to what i want it to be as possible…it goes way beyond the money and time part (which does suck, don’t get me wrong)…

i most likely will not be getting a new motor for it…or a new Z for that matter…finances make that totally impossible, and even another Z won’t be the same to me. even if i find another red one with a tt swap, hideous wing, and lots of little annoyances and problems like this one had…

peace, i’m out.

Bout time.

Moving from GA to PT.

sorry to hear

that sucks. how much?

“ouuuch, oh shit ha ha” (I love that movie)

Price? pics of oily mess?

OP: what do you want for the whole roller?

Ah, that’s bunk. Sorry to hear man. :frowning:

Very tough news man. Regardless of everything, it’s always horrible when a beloved vehicle just stops. I’ve popped an engine and just sat around wondering what to do. It’s terrible.

I’d recommend giving yourself a couple days to think about the situation and come to terms with what happened. Maybe selling the car now isn’t worth it. Maybe you can store it and save for a new motor that can one day go into it, etc.

:tup: Sorry man.

waht size are the speakers u just put itn…sorry to hear Andy, we told u for years to get out of it man…sucks hard core no matter how u look at it. Now u can get something better with less headaches

Swap in a LSx…

Sorry to hear the bad news man. If I were you I would sleep on it. Literally use the fugger as a bed.

i’ll take any REALISTIC offers. despite needing paint, it’s a damn clean shell for being 18 years old…and all the body parts that have any imperfection i already listed having new ones waiting to be put on. everything done to this car was OEM or the best aftermarket i could find, sparing little to no cost. if i was going to do anything to it, i was going to do it right.

i’m going to call our family insurance agent and see if something like this can be claimed…i might luck out and get a check from them that might enable me to buy a better motor this time, maybe not.

And sorry, no pics…my phone froze on me last night, i had dropped it off at verizon and was going to the mall for a bit from verizon when this happened. if you wanna see it and/or the oily mess, go down the street off walden across from k-mart that leads to the galleria mall…the street that runs behind cheektowaga central right by that hotel.

there was totaly a cinder block laying in the street … which you couldnt avoid because of small children crossing the street … i saw it, i was there … and it just ripped the oil pan clean off

hellooo ins check (as long as you have full coverage)

Are you sure it wasn’t something really simple and easy to fix like an oil cooler line, turbo oil line, or possibly the most common of all major oil leaks, a blown pressure sender? If one of those falls apart, let me tell you, it will drain your oil pan in 30 seconds.

ouch, that sucks man :tdown:

hold on to it and do another motor next year (or whenever ya feel like digging back into it)

would you hate me if i bought it and swapped in an LSx? I know how much shit is new on this and I think that would be cool.

^ I already called dibs on that.

if no more Z, then what is next?

i might have some interested im calling him rite now

read last line of original post:

“peace, i’m out.”

how did the cinder block get under a car that sits no more than 3 or 4 inches off the ground, destroy the oil pan, but do no body damage?