FS: blown 300ZX

I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high on insurance. Even with an agent who’s a friend I don’t see how you’re going to get a blown motor covered. If you try and claim you hit something I’d expect the insurance company to want a police report.

When I hit a cat/muffler exhaust system that fell off some ones car in the TDI it took out the oil pan and Transmission Housing… I replaced the oil pan not noticing the oil leak from the tranny… blew the tranny… put in the claim… they paid to fix no Questions ask… the transmission, Oil Pan, Lower Rad support and the front Bumper…

I hit the muffler at 10pm in Elma, with NO police report…

A piece of Rebar pierced the oil pan in a car I had and the motor blew. The insurance company totalled the car.

^^^in both of those instances, there was a collision involved. does that mean outside of insurance fraud, this guy is s.o.l.?

edit: before anyone argues with me, hitting a muffler or a piece of rebar in the road does count as a collision.

LS1 and be done with it.

I agree we have denied many service contract claims because it was a collision and not a failure.

Oh, I’m sorry man. Well I still hope it’s not as bad as it sounds. :confused:

:word:

i laughed

Just got it towed home…shitty dark cell phone pics…more to come tomorrow. i’m gonna go back to where it went and take some carnage pics of the oil covering literally the entire lane…and the long line of it.

tough to see, but even after exploding and losing all the oil in the street, and pushing the car into a spot in the parking lot, there was still a ton of oil to be lost…

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4545&stc=1&d=1212896716

and possibly the last time i’ll have it towed…who knows yet.

http://nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4544&stc=1&d=1212896716

my neighbor works for allstate, and said if i can prove it was a “sudden and accidental” occurrence, not maintenance related or anything like that…i can claim it, but if it’s due to being old and normal wear and tear, probably not. my family insurance company is New York Central Mutual, and he said they’re usually pretty good to deal with. As i mentioned previously, our agent is a good friend of the family, and the neighbor said to ask her, specifying it was to be off the books…what her opinion is, what i should do, if she thinks i can make any claim worth while, etc. If she is 100% positive i won’t see a dime, which i hope isn’t the case, he said not to bother making any claim because in the end i’ll get nothing and it’ll just appear on my record as a claim, which never looks good. if that ends up being the case, goodbye Z.

This may be a super silly question but since its an NA swapped to TT chassis…if you are insured as an NA car…how are you going to get them to buy you a TT motor?

:word:

I say you get a different car.

umm, he has a well thought out & detailed plan, obviously.

:biglaugh:

insurance companies actually buy/order the parts? in every instance i’ve ever heard of a claim being made, they just get an estimate, cut you a check, then it’s up to you to or not to fix it with that they give you.

like i said, i’ve never made any claim in my life, never been in any accident, etc…so i’m new to all this.

I dont know the specifics but if its the motor that is NOT original to the car I dont know if it would be considered 'aftermarket" and you would need to make your insurance aware that it had been changed so that if you were in an accident they had a record of that part being on the car and if they chose to fix it they would replace it with what you had.

But if they just run a vin they are going to say its an NA with low value and probably total it if you are going to try and get 2g for a motor and swap.

but i still don’t think i’d be able to insure it as TT just because it has that motor in it, would i? i thought the VIN is what matters over anything else…

and even so, what a shop would quote an NA motor at i’m sure i can find a TT motor for…what shops charge and what can be had elsewhere are very different prices most of the time.

right now i’m just hoping i can convince them to give me anything at all…i’ll go from there. I’m just taking this one step at a time, first play is to see if i’m getting anything, and if i get lucky there, i’ll take what i can get.

what coverage will cover your blown motor? I am curious so when I fuck things up I can get a new motor…

once i see what happened i might be able to. like my neighbor said, the key words insurance companies look for are “sudden” and “accidental.”…and i can’t think of a better word than sudden to describe my incident. it’s impossible to prove, but i just have to come up with some evidence or theory supporting that this wasn’t maintenance related…

Your motor letting go won’t work…

Insurance covers you hitting a rock and popping your oil pan…

Driving into a puddle and hyrdo locking your motor…

Not my motor has XXXXXX mileage and blew the fuck up…