FS: ls vtec civic again...

i didnt spend 4k in the first place, and im not trying to make a superhero race car either. i had a goal in mind and i will be able to get there easily with that kit. i can run 10 psi maybe a little more on a good tune with those internals. i was shooting for maybe 350 whp. then someday if i wanted i could swap the pistons for some 9 to 1 and up the boost and therefore make more power. im starting small and pretty safe in order to have some fun next summer. i have alot of help on this project and it shouldnt be unrealistic. with my setup i should be right where i wanna be for now.

if you plan to go faster in the future, then :tup:

of course i do, but o dont wanna try and go all out in one shot. i have a well built car that will scoot pretty well with what i have now. adding pistons and some installation would have added to much to my bill. too much power turns into an all out game of how do i get traction. then i am looking at an all out suspension, slicks, and something with high boost and 400 plus power comes with alot more maintanance then i am qualified for.

People forget that with a well setup car as a whole, you don’t need massive power to go fast. Toda went 11.7-8 on slicks with only 300ish +/- whp. That is proper.

Look at Mindless. Plain and simple. Put the power to the ground properly and you won’t need to make lots of power to get the same results. Look at Layzies car, exact opposite situation. Lot’s of power, can’t get it to the ground.

A properly setup street car that can put the power to the ground will hammer 90% of the cars on the road. So long as there is nothing wrong with the engine this car will put down good power on 14 psi no problem. Great throttle response and the fact that there are forged internals will ensure a little more safety against detonation. With a proper intercooler and tune there really should be no problems with this setup. This should make good torque.

don, i agree 100 percent.