FS:TW 1992 Honda Civic VX -56K nope.

Ok, I’ve been doing alot of thinking lately and I think its time to sell this car and move onto something a bit newer

The car is a 1992 Honda Civic CX

Stock white paint / Blue Interior

Interior Mods:
Short Shifter + Shift Knob -
Sparco Torino Seats with Sparco Brackets & Sliders
I believe its the stock CX Tach Revs to 8k
Shift Light inside Heater Vent ( Set to 8400rpms )

Exterior:
Spoon Style Carbon Fiber Duckbill
Car comes with 2 sets of wheels GSR Blades and Fat Fives
Both sets of wheels have 2 flats on the tires that were on the front of the car ( It needs an alignment and camber kit )
I’ll also throw in a set of Enkei’s with all-season tires on em

Suspension:
Koni Yellow Struts
H&R Lowering Springs
Nuespeed Strut Bar
( With those minor suspension mods the car handles very solid, real fun in the twisties )

Motor:
USDM Type R Head
USDM GSR Block
USDM GSR Non-LSD Tranny
B16 Pistons - Rings were gapped for spray ( This car was previously 93dx-hatchs`, he can chime in with things I may have forget )
DC 4-2-1 Header
3 Inch Kteller Exhaust

Comes with A compustar 2WSSR Alarm, It needs a new remote keychain because I left it in the car over winter and the battery inside corroded and messed it up ( I will pick this up before sale unless you wish too, Mike @ innovative has it for $125

Car has new windshield, Brakepads, Fresh oil changes every 3k miles ( Royal Purple 10w-30 )

The good: Car runs great, it has never left me stranded and not once ever not started on me. Moves pretty good for what it is, pretty good shape considering its age / location. The car hasnt seen a winter since I or the previous owner had owned it. I have all the original service records for the car from the first owner.

Needs: The transmission needs to be rebuilt, the second and third gear synchros are on the way out and it grinds.I snapped the shift arm holder last year had that replaced but couldnt budget to get it rebuilt. Burns about a qt of oil every 2-3 weeks under normal driving. Needs an alignment and a camber kit would probably help. - The cars body is not perfect, the underside is very clean, but there are usual dings and dents and 2 small rust spots on the rear quarters.

I’m sure I’m forgetting alot but it’s late and I’ll add more later on.
Alot of people can vouch for this cars quickness / and that its always been taken care of.

Pics: ( These were taken last year, car looks the same except for different wheels and the seats )http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/zeroassault/myspace7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/zeroassault/myspace8.jpg

I’m open to offers, I’d consider an EK hatch for trade possibly an integra…

how bout you sell me a set of them there rims

hot, GLWS.

glws dudez hot

<------MidgeX ilu

real quick car…been in it many many times…pulls hard.runs good…clean for a 92 in new york…bump for a good guy. hope you find a new car soon D. The tegs ready for some cruisin

price?

Honestly, I’m just gathering interest and seeing what people are willing to pay
make me an offer I cant refuse :tup:

Considering that the car needs work to make it a decent driver (transmission, alignment and camber kit) and burns a 1qt of oil every other week, $2500?

2500 lol the car is worth at least 5 the motor alone is worth 4 grand

Its a 92 its not worth 2000…Good luck getting $5000 for the car the way it sits…

clean shell alone with no rust is worth at least 1850 imo.

he should see around 4.5k if he holds out

but it does need some work cause it sounds like the rings are fucked if its burning oil like that

yea around 4.5 k would be fair …the tranny aint that messd up …only @ high rmps

he also said the rings were gapped for spray and i’m assuming that the car isn’t currently being sprayed… could this have anything to do with it?

to be fair $5000 would be a decent starting point, but subtract like $650 for the trans rebuild, then $125 for camber kit and install, $65 for an alignment, $250 cause it burns oil and sounds like the engine may need some maintence soon. and another $100 bucks for the rust spots… then i think it’s a fair price. $3810… remember kids mods don’t = more money… the more mods, the more likely the car has been “performance driven” on more than a once in a while basis. And while other problems might not exist right now, they certainly will surface after 6 months of daily driving so i think $5k is a bit high.

The transmission grinding isnt all that bad right now, It could last another summer or two It might be low on fluid, The burning of the oil honestly isnt that bad really unless you really hammer on it like any other Vtec motor. I’m pretty sure Dan replaced the valves & Valve seals before I purchased it if I remember correctly. A few things the car has upgraded are also ARP Headstuds, 255walbro Fuel pump, Fuel Pressure Regulator. ACT clutch

I do drive the car hard on occasion, but lately I’ve been driving around like a grandma, I see about 25-30mpg city driving. I’m pretty sure the car could go without a camber kit just needs a good allignment.

I have never sprayed this motor. It has always recieved basic maintnence on time. Has a new Alt belt with about 5k miles on it

The whole motor has about 30k miles since the rebuild, Shell has a little under 215k

With an upgraded valvetrain + cams + IM and spray this car could make some serious power

bump for a sweet car… i would def not take 2500 but seeing the kind of work it needs id lean more towards roughly 3800-4000.

Dam why dont you honda people ever leave it stock this would of been a hot DD! you still got the VX motor? lol

bump keep the car its hott just put a few $$ into it

it will be sick then you can keep up w/me lol

I’ll probably keep it

If not I’ll pick up a teg or an EK :tspry: