GTR is on the road in Oakville!!

I was thinking more of a V-Spec with 550hp+ and 6-speed manual myself hehe. Having a lower N/A trim could arguably take away from the GTR name, although they have obviously done it in the past…so who knows.

2G I am aware of what’s going on, and I understand and respect why, and I KNOW FOR A FACT i’d love driving the GTR the way it is - but to me there is something to be said for heel-toeing yourself or even just engaging each gear exactly how you choose with your left foot. :slight_smile:

And likewise, there is something to be said for <200 millisecond shift times, both hands always on the wheel, more consistency launching, and mid-turn shifting as you mentioned. And well, in the GTR’s case, running 11’s haha, although it could probably do the same with a manual transmission.

Either way I could see myself hitting up a paddle GTR, but probably only if I had another fun manual car to goof around in. And so maybe i’m old-fashioned in that way. :wink:

EDIT: And you know, I truly wonder if you are right, I wonder if one day the manual transmission will be totally gone…looking at Europe and South America makes me wonder how long that might really take if ever. But in North America automatic is certainly king. I’m just not sure I see it being totally eradicated…I wonder…