how much property do you own? v. natural gas production

Ok. I dont know how many of you know this, but the reason I’m back in Pittsburgh is because I’m working for my friend’s natural gas company. My job is being a land agent. Basically I get people to lease their land to the company so we can drill on it. Here’s the deal:

You put up no money. You sign a 2 year lease with the company. This gives us the right to drill on your property. You will get a monthly royalty check for 12.5% (1/8th) of everything that comes out of your well(s). Also, you will get free gas to your house.

We only need 150’ x 150’ to drill said well.

THE AVERAGE ROYALTY CHECK PER MONTH RIGHT NOW IS $500-$2,000 PER MONTH. And with the price of gas steadily rising, those checks will only get fatter as the years go on. Instead of being one of the people cursing the price of gas going up, you’ll be rooting for it to go up. This an excellent way to insulate your family against the rising price of energy.

If we don’t drill on your property for whatever reason, then you will get a yearly payment of $5 per acre as a delayed rental.

You will get the right to approve the location of any well, pipeline, or road that will go on your property.

Cliffs: sign a piece of paper, get a bunch of money every month and eliminate your heating bill.

Wow, my dad just retired and just got into this last year. It is an awesome job but you have to work hard. He is their #1 guy now and banking over $100K per year. What company do you work for?

MDS Energy out of Kittanning. A subsidiary of sorts of Snyder Brothers, Inc. It’s the son of the guy that owns Snyder Bros.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/story/341499.html

atlas??

Cool, if you work hard and are good w/people you should do well. Just be ready to put a ton of miles on your car and drive into some “far out” places. I just shot my dad an e-mail and asked him what company he works for.

lol I’m just doing this as something to do for the wintertime. I’ll be back in OC in a few months. Already got a ton of land leased though. Prolly ~ 1,000 acres.

but you’re definitely right about the mileage. lol.

Who knows you may like it. Like I said there is some decent $$$ in it. Making over $100K may lure you back to PA…that is unless you are doing very good out there.

I’m doing rather well. Actually just landed a $40,000 account this weekend.

:cool:

So, we already have land subsidence insurance, now you want us to increase this risk of having a house fall through the ‘cracks’ by allowing others to drill on their property? I guess this doesn’t apply to us city folk :LOL:

natural gas wells don’t have anything to do with subsidence. idiot. and if you own more than an acre, we can probably drill on it. We’ve been drilling in downtown west kittanning between businesses. you should really just stop posting in my threads.

40K for what? In OC? Or your job now? I was talking to my dad and he said the larger signings where he is usually pay him about $15K.

Darkstar,

How do you determine if the lot will produce gas and are there any issues with the zoning of the land, i.e. should it be zoned farm/res/commercial?

Thanks,

chris

yeah back in OC. I dont know who he works for but I just pull a salary and a small bonus on any wells that are drilled on a lease I bring in.

For the people who think this is a scam or BS. I have an aunt and Uncle who lease they land for gas wells. tehy get “free” gas and a check for over $1000 per month. My Uncle had a 6,800 square foot house and he said it would cost him a ton to heat that house…but it is all free.

No real way to determine if it will or not until you drill. All of western PA is pretty good for gas. Doesn’t mean you cant hit a dry hole here and there though. We usually check out wells in the surrounding area to see how they are doing, but that’s usually the extent of it.

There should be no issues with zoning. We’ve drilled between businesses in a strictly commerical district, between houses in housing developments and on giant farms.

I forgot to ask: If you own land in another county, but don’t have a house on the land, can you still get the free gas? Is it just a credit on your bill from the supplier?

Ahh, the company my Dad works for pays per acre. He said if you go for someone who has a lot of land and they sign…word gets around quick and other follow suit.

it’s true. There was a guy that leased out his 300 acres of farmland for wells. they hit pretty good gas on it, and ended up drilling like 15 wells or so on it. He gets like $35,000 a month in royalty checks. Ended up selling the surface land of his farm, reserved the gas rights and moved to Florida.

no the free gas has to come from the well. a production company like ours is not affiliated in any way with the suppliers such as Equitable, Peoples/Dominion, T.W. Phillips, etc. They buy gas in bulk off of a company like us, just about double the price and then distribute it to consumers.