HUGE wing on GN?

Ok, I know I could possibly piss someone off on this site, but I can’t keep this in.

Around 6:10 this evening, I was heading East (North, really) on the 290 between Main and Sheridan. About a half mile ahead of me, heading the other direction in the middle lane, something caught my eye. What it looked like from the front, from 1/2 mile away was one of those 87-88 Monte Carlo SS Aero cars with the “hatch” open (even though I think the rear glass is fixed in place), or a GN with a bogey on his 6 angling for a shot.

No, it was a GN with this wing…and I mean WING. If this GN walked into a room full of Superbirds, Ferarri F40’s, turbo Supras, and a contingent of shameless ricers, those cars would all walk away with “small man’s syndrome”, if you know what I mean.

The wing…picture that flying wing plane thing from the first Indiana Jones movie…the one that cut the fat guy to bits. It was like that.

Now…I work on European, but I like cars of all types. Love the Grand Nationals. Hell, I still want one to this day. Why…why, for the love of god, would you mount this thing on the trunk of your car that is approximately half the size of the deck on the back of my house?

Ok…I feel a little better now.

yeah i’ve seen that thing around before, i think i remember reading that there was some legit reason that its on there.

its been around forever… like at least 8 years, i saw it at jimmy B’s at a cruise night like before UBRF…

I was probably 15 when that thing was cruising around with the wing.

I’m 25.

which is why I was slightly concerned with pissing someone off here. I can understand if the person runs in in open-road races, or other high-speed events, but damn…

yeah, sorry. nothing else to say. I’m still a bit verklempt.

LOL Maby he just want a Suprerbird.

Sad I know! Made me puke, Loved parking my gn next to that ugly 1.

seen him this morning at Mickey D’s on youngs in tonawanda, the guy is like 90 yrs old and parked in a handicap spot. The wing is the same type used on the super bees or whatever they are. The car also has a class 1 hitch.

aside from those 2 things the car looked pretty clean

here is a pic i snapped of it last summer.

http://www.rodandpiston.com/components/supersize_img.asp?id=cruise/dunkin07-3&n=113

Jesus Christ. Yeah, that was definitely it. And definitely not a Daytona/Superbird wing at all. They had no endplates, were more curved, and had a much thinner cross section.

I would love to hear an explanation of why it’s there.

Traction on the top end, y0. Trappin 165mph.

Fo bitches.

To sit upon? To do pull-ups? To dry sweaters?

To bend over. The higher the wing, the more the hoes flock.

Holy out of place

My eyes!!! Is that a stock Equinox it is parked next to, looks like an AWESOME “show”:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow you weren’t kidding…

HA! and i couldn’t wait to get rid of my sti wing…

Thats actually at the Dunkin Cruise…he was parked with the “regular customers”. I dont think any of the cruisers wanted him near them :lol:

I wouldn’t either. Thing is, he alienated himself with both the import guys and the domestic guys, who does he hang with, the Pep Boys crowd:lol::lol::lol: