i hate crooked mechanics.

Vulva…but we’re not talking about dawn, it’s her friend who has the Vulvo.

lol

fucking lafengas

shops dont charge you what you would pay for parts.
they charge list.
the shops i have seen anyway.

you want teh real price for parts call up pretending to be a shop :wink:

Pretending wouldn’t work as shops have customer accounts. No account no discount.

it does work, just not everywhere

Need more details into the situation. Also beleive it or not but people have bills to pay and are smart for charging what they are worth. NYS does not make it easy to run a LEGITIMATE business.

My dad just had a tie rod replaced, brakes checked/repaired, 4 new Goodyear Wrangler tires, and new shocks all around put on his truck for $800 :tup:.

Oh hell no they dont! They tax the living hell out of small buisness owners. Ontop of the regulations and fees. We have a greeenhouse in our yard that we use for growing flowers…NYS charges us $100 a year to grow fucking flowers in our own yard! They are also pushing to have all light trucks DOT registered so they have to pay highway taxes (right now it is anything over a 1 ton). So yeah…anybody who says the dems in charge of NY are here to “help the little guy” can kiss my ass because I know first hand how they fuck us over. They tax anything and everything you touch and hit you up with fines and fees for everything but the fucking air you breathe.

/Rant

Wait… are you mad at the shop for quoting that, or are you mad at your friend/people for not knowing about their cars?

motherfucking word :rant:

my gram isnt doing very well, she is in the hospital and my gf felt bad about asking me to fix her car and got an estimate, they wanted like $320 to do an inner tie rod… i told her no way i can do it in the drive way in about an hour. now all we need is the rain to let up.

I wish folks would stop bitching about the state. Yes we all know the taxes are high. But housing,food, entertainment is cheap. Ever price a house somewhere else. example a 170,00 house here=800,000 in other states. If half the people that bitch would maybe get involved (you CAN run for office)and spend the effort to change things instead of bitching it would be nice. Dont like NY—easy fix F’in move.

:bloated: Um taxes are the highest in the nation, they charge outrageous bullshit fees/ enforce pointless regulations, and basically try to take your money every chance they get. Instead of fixing the problems and being fiscally responsible they just throw more money at it like it will go away, money that comes out of the working class pockets, not the fat cats who run things because they set up loopholes so they are in the clear. Then they bitch because things are so expensive and act like they will fix it when they are the ones responsible. NY is not small business friendly in any way shape or form.

I vote to hope to change things, but what can I say… too many tools keep voting these assclowns back into office. The rate at which people are leaving western new york in favor of other states is staggering. I know I’d move without thinking twice if I could find a job in my field out of state.

lets face it, NY doesn’t make it easy to do buisness here, thus our shitty economy

jdmr2 couldnt have said it any better.

people act so goddamned shocked to know that shops mark up parts as well as charge labor. WOW imagine that! expecting shops NOT to mark up parts would be like expecting to have a contractor build you a house for only his labor cost, and give you his materials at cost. that simply isnt the way business works.

see, what most people fail to realize is that businesses are in business to MAKE MONEY. not to subsidize your life experiences. if you think something costs too much, then either learn how to do it yourself, find someplace to buy/do/make it cheaper, or pay the price.

making money does not equate to being crooked. expecting people to cut into the profits of their business to “help you out” equates to being naive.

sorry, but its true.

Most shops I know of want to see how dumb you are first. They’ll try dealer list price on you first. If you go for it then charge you dealer price for a part they bought at autozone cheaper than you could. When I buy parts at the store I NEVER pay counter price. I learned my lesson about that. I have a comm account for my quasi-business at PepBoys I use most of the time.

Sometimes you just have to talk a little sense into them. They want to see how little you’ll go for. It’s like me asking if you’ll give me $3 for my cup of coffee. If you don’t know that the cup cost me $1 you’ll probably pay it.

But as some mentioned, remember the shop isn’t in this for fun. It is expensive to run one. The last shop I worked at (Liftech) charged $85 for labor. Road work was $85/hr plus a $45 road service fee plus a couple percent fuel surcharge. And all parts that had a cost of 275 or less were marked up 100%. Why? Fuel is expensive. Ins is expensive. The sediment pit in the washbay oil separator system had to be pumped every couple months for around $1000. All of our used filters went in barrels that cost $140 to haul away. Coolant you pay to haul away. The shop and all the service trucks needed an MSDS for everything in them from rtv to used motor oil to hand cleaner. It goes on an on. NYS is a bitch. Point being, you can’t really blame the shop for trying to make money. Now if the alternator was fine and they told you it was broke, or they broke it for you, that’s another story.

:word: very true.

haha this backfired on dawn big time

i mean no harm, but you cant give everyone a deal.

and its a mitsubishi, so im sure your paying ALOT in maintenace costs :stuck_out_tongue:

I kid I kid