Ideal Bowling lanes On Genesee st in Buff.

What does anyone know or think of this place?Place is for sale and for a up and running Bowling alley it is dirt cheap.16 lane house kitchen,Bar,2 3bdrm apts upstairs,etc.Comes turnkey.A friend of mine does all the vending there(pool,pop,etc)and says the guy takes good care of the place.
My only concern is the area it is in.With all of the cleaning up going on in Buffalo,many of the ppl that are being cleaned up/out are going to Cvegas and such.
It is on the corner of Genesee and kearns.I’ve always wanted a bowling alley since I was a little kid and this one has my interest sparked to the max.
LMK and thanks
D

Its in a terrible area. My friends and I have been talking about buying it since in came on the market. Go hang out there for a while. Although it is pretty reasonable. He’s cut his price in half since it came on the market.

If you do buy it, put in synthetic lanes. I hate bowling at volkers.

I have bowled there for 2 yrs every tuesday night. Our league has already inked in for next season as well. The lanes themselves arent bad. The machines are constantly having issues. Other than that the place isnt that bad. The surrounding area however is very bad. A cpl months back had a cpl shooting right next door. But Alley alone…it’s not a bad little place. $1.85 Red Dog pounders FTW

Yeah I noticed what it is down to now.What made you guys not want to follow through with it?My buddy taht does the vending told me the synthetic lane thing as well and said it wasn’t that much to do.One thing I wouldn’t even mind doing was buying it and renting the bowling alleys to someone else.
Without trying to sound at all racist,I don’t think that many black ppl bowl.I know in all the leagues I have even been it it was always very few.My concern being where the place is located will ppl drive there to bowl?I know in all the pics on the selling website,They are 100% all white men who look approx 70+ yrs old.How many of them will be there in 5yrs.
But damn the price is right and the apts bring in decent $$$
D

Theres about 5 black men in our half of the lanes on tuesday the other half is a all black league.

An all black league?Maybe we should picket them.j/k.I was looking at the city maps and that damn place is right across from Schiller park.Isn’t that turning into one of the worst areas of the city?Also I noticed it is actually not on Genesee but on kearns a block back.Might take a ride by it tom. but it just seems that it is such a bad area.
sigh a little air out of the sails.:frowning:
D

alot of black ppl bowl, we just dont bowl in the hood. Look at Amherst lanes and what use to be allied. Amherst was/is on amherst near main and allied was on manhattan near amherst. Both went down the shiter. No want wants to spend 150-200 bucks on a new ball and the shit gets chewed up by the lanes. Or the roof is leaking and crap. Thats when we all left, started bowling at voelkers and kenmore because they keep up the lanes. Derrick, I have bowled for a long time, if you need someone to work there, I’d be down for some weekends or something. I also know a TON of bowlers who use to bowl there or who would bowl there is the place got there shit together. I always liked bowling there too and I am also looking for a doubles league.

i hang out with the owners son… hes a good guy and i loved the lanes there, never had a problem… won a few tournments at that house… i would say a good buy

as a person that is a good bowler (average 220) and does a lot of bowling at various houses around the area including ideal i would say that i dont really like that place. wood lanes are a thing of the past synthetic lanes are the new thing. wood lanes need a lot of maintenance (resurfacing once every 1 to 2 years, resealing etc) the wood sucks up a lot of the oil quickly. synthetics on the other hand are what the pro’s bowl on now. they are low maintenance oil does not get sucked up so it stays on the lane longer than wood. the machines are very very old and need a lot of upkeep. the neighbor hood is crappy too. ask andy (90NA300ZX) he can tell you that i know what im talkin about when it comes to bowling

i <3 wood lol, i hate syynthetic lanes… and yes the nieghborhood kinda blows

wood lanes mess up your ball a lot faster

LOL if you hang out with the owners kid,You’d better say good buy.
Dried-I’ll ask you because I feel you may have the most info .Why would you want to bowl in the hood tho if you are now at Volkers,etc?I know the ppl (white/black) that moved out of that area did so because they didn’t want to have to “deal with it”.Why would you want to go back there on a weekly basis?Every now and then I agree with because you did it.That is what I would be worried about.
D

employ a parking lot security guard and you might make customers feel more comfortable to bowl there

the guy dave williamson that owns is it has been a long time friend of my family and a great guy. He now owns Park Lane Bowling at the corner of William and Vern right by my house, i didnt know he was gonna sell Ideal.

Without reading the whole thread, if you’re buying from him, you’re buying a place that has been taken care of :tup:

and for all the people bitching about wood lanes as opposed to synthetic… wah wah wah…that’s all i hear…

A good bowler adjusts to conditions, not bitch about them…wooden lanes are how bowling started, and i’d be pissed if everybody went to synthetic. While synthetic is a lot more cost efficient in the long run for a house owner, it’s taking away the real roots of bowling

word. I always feel safe parking my car at pano’s because he has one.

Derrick, I would go there because of the location, for me its a 5 min ride instead of 10-15. Plus I always liked that house, back in the day, it was a great house. I havent seen much action as of lately there tho. You would have to see what kind of league contracts they have and see what kind of income it has now. I do undersatnd the location tho, it is kind of run down right there. If that tops was still up It would be alot better. With that tops closed and the school closed its kinda like a deserted (sp?) Area back there now

Wood lanes>Syn crap
the ball hitting the syn doesnt sound the same, sounds fake which it is.

OT, whats its going for price wise?

Dried,price is at $150k but it could be had for $125ish I believe.Has 2 nice 3bdrm apts which he has rented for $400 a mo. which seems really low.I def would be interested in giving u a job and maybe like an incentive program or something along that nature.If you are friends with BDR you must be an honest guy:snky: so I have faith.I did like the Idea of the synthetic lanes tho as long as it wasn’t too much,but it sounds you don’t like that.
D

hey, if it will help cost down the line synthetic is the way to go, Alot of houses are changing over. Its like when automatic scoring got big, the houses who could made the switch. If you do buy it, we’ll get in contact with each other and see whats up. Like I said, I did like bowling there and I bet you could get some decent business with a few upgrades. I wonder what kind of actions the city will take in and around that area to clean it up.

Tournaments are key. Not sure how hard it is to get a established tourny there but like lilac lines(lilac open) in ROC and kenmore lanes(Greater Buffalo Open I think), they both have big tournaments that last a few weeks or months and bring in pros and amatuers from all over.

One of the things I was thinking of doing was an idea where on every league the high score every week got you like $100 or something.Also with the pizzeria I want to use that to help any other business I can get going.
i.e. half bake pizzas then deliver them to the lanes where I would have a small oven and You get free pizza when bowling or maybe $.50 slices from 4-8pm.
D

sounds like a good idea