If you had extra time / money build thread

I’m surprised at the amount of responses about swapping an 03-04 Cobra motor into things. I’d swap one into a '93 Cobra. Also build a grill island next to my pool.

anything FR >2800lbs, running 11’s or better that is indestructible…

drift and circuit the fuck out of it all day long

(another) Datsun Z

This time from the FRIGGIN south! :lol:)

Tube chassis S2K for drag.
F40 with goodies for the highway.
HKS Evo 1AB for road racing.
Delta S4 for rally.

A 2JZGTTE in a IS300 or Cressida…

ls7 240 or 2jz 240

Been there and done that (not in the low 10 or high 9 second range, to low 11’s though). It is not quite as ‘easy’ of a recipie as one might think, and finding some parts and properly tuning for a Syclone is not an easy task either. I will probably do another Syclone someday, but I am doing a late 60’s early 70’s musclecar next, probably a Chevelle

A Beretta GTZ Project, I would find one in decent shape and make it look 100% stock but sooo clean, then race it against M3’s all day long.

Very cool man :tup: I dig it. Dumb question though since I’ve never seen something like that done. It’s not all clay right? I mean, is there somekind of wire skeleton inside? Then how did you paint it? Bake the clay? Or just let it harden naturally? Or did you just paint it as is?

Not a dumb question at all:) Yes, it’s clay. Starts as a wooden buck with foam sculpted to the general shape. Add about 1" of clay and start sculpting away. Once the clay is at the desired shape and the surface reflections is clean, a heavy automotive primer is sprayed on top of the clay (about 1/8" worth). From here it’s sand, prime, paint just like a car. The clay never dries as it is an oil based clay, and is therefore not baked. I have a ton of pics of the build up, I’ll see if I can find them and post up in the DIY forum:)

Earlier, I mentioned putting this body over the Factory Five frame and LSX…but I think my new plan calls for an electric motor, somthing about that seems pretty intriguing.

dont tease me uncle don:mamoru:

actually, i’d just get an NSX

and leave it stock

then throw the rest in a Roth

Honda fit with a built k20, ITB and turbo

old school ford GT

i saw an add today for a superformance gt40 kit^^^

Brian

I’d probably buy a Ferrari 575 Superamerica or an F430…

since I can’t right now…I’d turn the SS into a track car and have a blast.
6.2L stroked, custom heads/cam/valvetrain, FAST 92/92 to top it off.
Rev the shit out of it
Biggest brakes Brembo makes
Cage
racing buckets and harnesses
better wheels/tires

slammed MKIV gti with an RS4 v8 in the rear… and a warehouse full of tires to fry

94 supra with a t88 setup :slight_smile:

i’d hire a research team of the best scientists and engineers to design a extremely powerful, zero emissions engine that could be placed into almost any platform out there. and I would rock the hell outa driving a Hummer H1 with big ass mud tires, a ridiculous lift kit and obnoxious paint, all while laughing cuz i wouldn’t need to ever buy gas again. Oh i’d sell the design to some poor ass nation in africa for shits and giggles. :slight_smile:

well I would have said “Datsun Z with LS1” then listed the extensive list I’ve put in my head, but aparently thats like half of nyspeeds dream build. And we just put a cam in one at NEP.
so I’m going to say a ground up rail/buggy car with a generic four banger, lets say an ecotec SC with 5 speed, mounted in rear (or a honda B series for $$$ and ease of parts collecting). This would be a car that would still have ground clearance and suspension travel for off road, but would still be fun on the street due to the sheer light weight. Basically like giant go-kart, think arial atom with more suspension travel and ATV tires. Basically like a trail buggy but from scratch and a bit faster. Completely street legal. I saw the $10k buggy at Gander MTN with the snowmobile engine and 5 spd trans and the gears started turning about what would be the best way to build one. maybe someday.