next project car. what would you do?

i probably wont buy anything for another year or so, but even still i am looking for ideas. what would you do?

its not going to be a daily driver, it will be a project car.

i have thought about classic muscle, or cowboying up like julie and building a relatively affordable track car.

what would you build? this isnt a money is no object kinda thing, its an affordable weekend toy/project.

ae86

id try and find like a C4 vette cuz they can be had in decent shape for pretty cheap. they are already mad quick and u can do a lot to them. personally, i wouldnt do it, but its a good starting point

newman’s 240sx :slight_smile:

track car? drag or auto-x?

if drag, go for a mid-90’s F-body.
if your gonna try an autocross thing, low, light and wide is good. RX-7 comes to mind.

but if you’re gonna go back and forth between the styles, the C4 Vette idea is excellent.

A clean 240
(only reason I say this one, is cause it seems like no one can ever complete one, looks and performance mods)

A VW rabbit with a 16V tubro’d

lol and another blowjob given.

Anyways, what about an older 3 series bmw with some sort of M swap? Pretty hot, pretty light, pretty fast, pretty wouldmakemejerkoffbecauseiwantonebutanactuale30m3notjustthe///mmotorandanothershell.eitherwayitwouldbeprettyawesome.

thats another one thats on my mind. i was thinking turbo e36.

yea, that ones on the front burner :slight_smile:

i have always like the old rabbits, theres just something about them

civic.

no

it was worth a shot. I would say dodge omni then.

I’m with Jeller on this one, perhaps a clean 240 that can be used for track too. The 16V Turbo rabbit would be interesting too considering it’s for the other “team” LOL You could show off your building skills.

X…

I know where there is a GLH sitting… not sure whats up with it?

I think I’d decide what kind of track events you 'd like to do (HPDE or actual wheel-to-wheel racing) grab the applicable rule book and go to town.

SCCA’s Improved Touring is a good way to go, and Spec Miata is still one of the cheapest ways to go racing. Any of the spec classes, actually.

Or, if you really want to have fun, get a Formula Ford.

Also, the December issue of GRM had five low-buck projects that they are starting. It’s off the shelves by now, but I have an extra copy because my subscription finally kicked in.

64 impala, air ride, 13 inch wire wheels you could cut your hands on.

UrS4 if you’re a baller

E30 BMW with some kinda swap would be way fun, too.

240SX was supposed to be the new civic til no one did any of them up. Those are a good look, I like em and they’re not one wheel peel FWD shit.

fuck an AE86, and fuck a rabbit.

How much do you want to spend on just the car, and how much on the mods? Also how serious do you want to get? To me there’s a few categories/classifications:

• Non street legal tow her to the track cuz its so mad fast and hooked uppppp
  • Street legal, barely, just needs to get me to the track (not comfortable)
  • Somewhat comfortable for it’s age/money, good to cruise around

…and do you want this to be most successful as a: drag car, AutoX, or track car? Example: we know Mk3 2.slow jettas are not drag cars, but you want a Mk3 Jetta, and you want it to be best at drag racing. That wouldn’t be a totally retarded answer, despite the fact 2.slows are hopeless in a straight line without major mods…i’m just saying where will you invest most of your time trying to succeed at, follow?

Maybe that’ll help you narrow shit down.

Although it is slightly expensive I recommend renting one in a race environment (race school). That way you can decide if you want to build one for racing vs. building one for fun. Personally I am hooked on wheel to wheel competition after my first go at it. However, other people may want more horsepower and less preparation to get on the track.

like i dont have a subscription

i should ban you :slight_smile:

dig it.

i think over the next year or so i am gonna try out as much as possible and see what chokes the chicken.

dig it.

i think over the next year or so i am gonna try out as much as possible and see what chokes the chicken.

build an F Bod 1LE yo