Is it just me or does wheel selection for the Ford Focus suck?

Stupid 4x108 bolt pattern. Anybody got any good ideas for non-fugly lightweight (15 lbs or less) 15" wheels that actually come in the correct bolt pattern? 5 spoke or multiples of 5 only. Discount Tire is the only one I’ve seen so far that has something that I like the looks of, but they don’t list the weight (which implies that they will be heavy). Whalen Tire doesn’t look like they’ve updated their website since 2004, and Wheelmax since 2005, and neither has anything. Edge Racing has nothing. Tire Rack has a couple of OK wheels, but nothing good in 15". I really don’t want to have go to 17s if I don’t have to.

Shit, even the Aveo has a better wheel selection. WTF.

ATS Comp-lites

15x7 13 lbs.

They are out of production though.

Once in a great while they will pop up on ebay or sr20forum.com classifieds.

wait

you bought a focus???

I didn’t buy anything yet. Jim Doyle Ford offered me a sweet deal on a 2007 Focus hatch (including the whole ordeal of getting rid of the Nissan), so I’m looking into my options.

Those are a great choice, and I know where I can get them in 15x8 in 4x100, which’d be great on the Miata, but wrong pattern for a Focus. Let me check if they are both bolt patterns, though… hmmmm.

focalject.com
tire rack has alot because they are a sponsor
i think I may get 03 svt wheels and have them powdercoated black for next spring.

thats an old audi bolt pattern so im sure you could find bbs in that size

i am getting my oven soon Bret…I dont thinkyou are going to find many 15s other than OEM styles…

some decent 16s

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-x7-4-New-MB-Motoring-Drifter-Wheels-4x108-ET-38_W0QQitemZ270021302336QQihZ017QQcategoryZ43956QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rotas used to be fairly available but have dried up recently…Team Dynamics and centerline make some good ones, I believe you can get both straight from their sites. I’ll make a thread for ya on the focus forum.

http://rotawheels.com/products.php?id=4

rota attacks…my bro runs them on his miata and the 17s are stupid light so the 15s that they offer in ur bolt pattern should be light…INN-TUNE can get them…he got my brothers…they are availble in more than white

Yeah, they would work except they are totally the wrong offset in 4x108. I can’t use +18… :gay2: Actually, that is the case for every wheel Rota makes that I like. Must be some popular RWD car that uses that bolt pattern and offset.

Yeah, I like those, but no weight listed, which means probably 20lbs+. I may just have to go with 16s insead of 15s, and possibly go for the gusto and get some OZ Ultraleggeras.

You think you have it bad?! the 6 has an offset of +60! Yea… they dont make them…

People end up getting +48 offset wheels, and rolling the fenders. Not exactly the correct solution.

what about the ford motorsport catalog? i know the '05 edition had a few different kinds in there…

the ford motorsport catalogue’s wheels are all heavier then 15 lbs. More in the range of 20 lbs. Your best bet is hitting up focaljet.com like others said and doing a search.

Hmm, something I noticed tonight… Selection for the '06 and up sucks, but for the '04, I was able to find some Enkei’s I really like through Edge Racing. Same bolt pattern, so I don’t know why that is. And with the help of some photochopping, I’m now leaning toward 17s after all (still under 18lbs). I’ll probably go with the Hankooks over the Azenis for tires.

haha yeah tell me about bad selection for wheels on the focus. there was a limited supply of slipstreams for a while and they looked sick on foci…hard as hell to snatch up now. honestly OZ is one of the foew brands that carry wheels that fit correctly on the focus. its tough to find wheels, try tirerack.com as they are one of the few places that have a fair selection for the focus.

There are plenty of brands for Focus. I was looking at them for a while when I had my Focus.I’ll have to look back…

Hankooks… Azenis… Are you going to be autocrossing this thing?

No, but I like some cornering capability in my daily driver. Gotta have some fun on the commute.

17"s will open up the door on wheel choices alot

didnt you hear? focuses were americas way of trying to get old people to stop driving buicks. they weren’t intended to be modded, just to go to the pharmacy and pick up perscriptions.