Is this rate good?

I’m looking to buy a 97 BMW 318is in near perfect condition with low miles, I need a loan around $8k. So far the best loan I can get for a car this old is from capitalone at 9.3%. I have a good credit score, I’m guessing the age of the car is killing this one. Does that seem about average or high for this car? The car is 5sp/4cyc w. 65k on it. Great condition. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

man my interest rate is way high cause i have horrible credit…i wish i could get 9.3…although i am going to try and refinance

You shouldn’t be financing something if you have to pay >20%. 9.3% isn’t terrible, but it certainly isn’t that good. I’d keep shopping for a better rate.

MEH…the funny thing is its still was cheaper than my old car payment…

Rate sucks.

My current used auto loan (f/ about 6 months ago) is 5.375%

http://www.grancoclark.com/images/mp_burning_money.jpg

You’re making some banker a very happy person though.

somone needs to be happy…actually every year I apply thru my insurance agent for a refinance…but i only had the car a year last yr when i did it so I might have better luck this year…

Ew 9.3%?

Mine is like 3.9%

It’s 9.3 because it’s a 10 year old car… on a newer car I could get like 5.5, anything before 2000 the rate jumps, banks dont want to finance old cars. Rates are a lot higher then a few years ago too.

I could get a classic car loan(read older than 25 years old), 72-month for 5.5-6.8%, your rate sucks or your credit sucks

shit according to my credit union you would fall under a tier 4 credit history

Most 10 year old cars shouldn’t be financed.

capitalones rates blow. For a good credit person they gave me a 9% on a 2003, I went with Bank of America and got a 5.5%

edit: are you going through a dealer or private sale?

It’s through a dealer, 9.3 was via CapitalOne. My credit score is 727 as of today which is fine for a loan, a credit union just offered me 8.2 so clearly I have more shopping to do. Any other places you guys would recommend let me know.

I agree on that for the most part.

$8500 for a 97 BMW 318is in mint condition, loaded, w/ 65k isn’t bad though, what do you guys think?

you should buy a newer car if you are financing it

That’s somewhat steep for a 318is.

I personally wouldn’t buy an older car again. When you think about how long your loan will be the car will be 13-14 years old when its paid off.

Really? I can’t find one any near that price with only 65k, especially a 5sp.

Let’s get to the real question here. Why in the hell are you paying $8k for a 318?

Thank you. I didn’t want to be the one to say it :slight_smile: