ITB's anyone?

pry not. i need it to run right. its my only car right now

coulda had a nice running Audi lmao

Usually the issue with going MAP based on an ITB setup is lack of a good vacuum signal. I had designed and built a similar ITB setup on my old Dodge long before I went with boost, used an SDS system as well(continued to use their EIC in the end for boost) and it was a bit difficult to tune.

I recommend building a vacuum distribution manifold for the MAP, and referencing the MAP itself in a regulated chamber of that manifold that helps to isolate the massive resonance pulses associated with an ITB setup. It’ll probably make your tuning progress a bit smoother if you go that route.

I ended up selling the system to a neon RT owner in the end for pennies on the dollar. I wish I didn’t do that as it was a rather nice CNC’ed system with a progressive throttle and casted aluminum manifold adapter that bolted to the OEM lower intake runners on the motor. Would have made a nice conversation piece here at the shop.

The EG33 I’m building is going ITB with forced induction. Also the S70 V12 replica I’m designing is using ITB’s although in NA format as it was in the Mclaren. Neither of which I’m 100% certain on how or what type of tuning I’m going to be using at this point. I suspect the EG33 will be MAP while the S70 will retain the OEM like MAF based tuning from BMW.

Good luck with the ventuer! ITB are complete sex in my opinion. Sound > all other benefits :smiley: !!!

Will these fit on my 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt? Please let me know ASAP

Thank you,

Management

Adam, you always have awesome info to contribute, haha

You’re welcome :slight_smile: ITB, high rpm NA motors are what my heart truly follows.

This sound is automotive SEX

I’m having a hard time deciding weather I want to go turbo or ITB’s

If:

“POWER DESIRED” x “FUNDS AVAILABLE” / “STRESS LEVEL” = THE DEATH OF YOU

Then choose boost as it’s far far FAR cheaper and much better for you’re personal well being to obtaining your goals. Trust me. I’m going the other route and designing/building an engine from near scratch in order to fulfill this desire/disease I have to choose the not so common route.

out of those 60,000 views, about a thousand of them are mine. i watch that video like once a week :rofl :rofl

I have the first flyby acceleration recorded and set as my ring tone on my black berry. :slight_smile:

:rofl

You would do that to. :slight_smile:

Youre definitely right about the sound Adam, its absolutely amazing. I am utilizing a vacuum accumulator, although it is one of the things I wanna improve upon; I believe it is too small. But of course, if its built too big, the signal is dampened too much. Another issue with using MAP is the lack of resolution in the signal, ie: going from idle vacuum to atmospheric with just a throttle blip. This is where a lot of people are steering toward alpha-n. Again, a hybrid of the 2 fueling schemes would be ideal, but with the SDS it has to be a compromise between one or the other.

And to MX-5, not to sound biased (too late?:)) but I def. suggest ITB’s, even for the “just-to-be-different” factor:)

That’s one of the reasons I wanted to run ITB’s was to be that guy that’s different

MegaSquirt has hybrid alpha-n :slight_smile:

Haha yeah I know dude, and if I was just starting it all now Id def go MS. But for now Ill work with what I have, and in the end if it turns out that the SDS is a major limiting factor, Ill switch over to the darkside:) Im surprised Ive gotten this far with SDS, at least from what I was told by others starting out years ago, so Id hate to give up on it now just when its getting interesting:)

i knew that was McLaren F1 before i even opened it. :excited