Jeff's Neon R/T

take some starting fluid or carb cleaner and spray it around everything once you hear the revs change you have narrowed it down. probably where the manifold meets the head would be my guess something got f’d up when putting it in that tight ass compartment.

Yeah … I would MUCH rather drive a cheap, underpowered car like a cobalt.

sprayed carb cleaner around everything and noticed no difference.
I gotta go get a manifold bolt, 1 got lost. might be part of the problem.

Im just going to take the whole thing off and fix how the MAP sensor sits in the manifold, its pulling the wiring harness that connects the injectors and coolant temp sensor. which is why I think im now getting a coolant temp circuit high input code now

Good luck getting it fixed … looks like everything is comming together nicely

but them cheap underpowered cobalts are still on the road…lol:kiss:

Ok what is the motor that is in the car? :dunno:

The Neon engines are ECB (SOHC) and ECC (DOHC) not a 420a, blocks are the same tho i beleive. but internals are all different

Been screwin around with the idle and such. thinking it may be the IAC. I have it unplugged at the moment and it runs pretty good. revs do not hang during shifts.
Im going to try a spare IAC that a buddy has. ( because their about $90 new my cost at the parts store…)
if that doesnt work then I may just choose to make a manual IAC.

2.4 Head is coming together, Slapped the unorthodox gears on last night.
Going to clean it up some more and get it ready for install in march.
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/2.4HeadRT1.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/2.4HeadRT20.jpg
http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/2.4HeadRT4.JPG

Gonna be busy as hell come march…
entire new suspension, new head, tuning, etc etc.

jeff imagine how fast a real car would be after 8 years of fuckin with it.

head looks good and i bet it will be a fuckin fun car to drive.

better boost the 2.4

it should be fun. Im takin my time on it. I’ve got better things to worry about instead of a car. (like buying a house, etc etc)

all motor… may toss an SRT4 turbo on it at a later time but I would have to change my intake setup and ECU. I cant run boost with a mopar or AFX ECU because it advances timing and spark too much.
And the intake is setup for N/A since its a long runner. short runner would work 50x better with a turbo.

hell I may just keep it N/A and run ITB’s and switch to Megasquirt

Megasquirt Fuel and Spark with turbo!
True short runners are better but what the hell. A n/a manifold off boost will give you better driveability. Combo that with a 2.4/small turbo and you got a pretty mean street car.

I dont know what im doing with turbo so Im not going to mess with it at this point.

next step is going to be stripping the car of all it’s weight. MtOliverAuto runs 13.8’s all motor with only bolt ons, built top end, stock bottom end, and mild weight redux. thats not too bad for a commuter car if you ask me.

this is my only car at this point also so I dont want to fuck something up and leave myself stranded. once I get another car I’ll look into beercaning this one and going balls out.

very clean man, what hp you looking to get with this setup. This is first i have really ever seen someone build up a NA neon and i too just picked up some BC racing coilover.

Did you pick up the extension piece for the rear coils? not sure if you need it for your car but i would have to take off my rear deck to make adjustments, but with the extension you wont have to. Not every site that overs the coils have it for sale thats y im mentioning it to you

It loos like this.

ya I dont need the extension

Wow…good thing they left out the power options…performance only!!! ahahahahahahaha what a joke

Waiting to install after winter in March:
BC Coilovers
ES Hyperflex Suspension Bushings
2.4 Port & Polished Head, Gasket matched, 5 Angle Valve Job W/
Crower 3/4 Race Cams
Indy Stainless Oversized Valves
Crane Springs
PT Lifters and Rockers
Unorthodox Cam Gears

Currently shopping for:
Innovate LC-1 XD-16 Kit
AFX “Race” ECU upgrade from Mopar ECU

Come march I’ll be swapping a ton of parts over for the newly ordered parts.
Should be a fun little gokart… run low 14’s all motor with the stock bottom end, with slicks it should do high 13’s on a good day. Only time will tell

Good idea dump more money into a joke of a car…idiot :tool:

:stick:

:rofl:

so how many miles were put on your car this year?

I hear steves car is the first to have fiberglass rust.

i hear he also likes to ride cocks, esp the owners of neons cocks.