1997 Neon Build-Up.

Yep a neon as the title says. you guys have seen it in my posts as my new ride. car was on the road one day and when i changed the oil pan noticed bearing material in the oil pan. the blown head gasket and the anti freeze had its chance to ruin the bearings and now i have a terrible rod knock. so its a perfect opportunity to do a budget build on a car that be a decent time trial car. lookin to make enough power to pull through a quarter in 14.8 and i want it to handle like a go-kart. the rip down pictures will be coming up and i’ll keep ya posted.

srt-4 swap it!!!

gay

lol i know thats y i said it i wanted to see reactions

nope little 2litre. gonna build it up some little bit. car in stock form weighs less than 2400 lbs.

ill be suprised if it doesnt fall apart

Interested to see pics…

I love how some of these guys start commenting about his build just cause its a neon, But dont realize theres people out there ruining other cars and ricing them out and i dont see anyone mouthing off to them. Theres other cars out there that are shit and break and are notorious for problems.

If you dont mind me askin shady,what the hell do you drive ???

You mean like the starter that randomly fell out of mine?

I really liked my Neon and kinda wish I had kept it instead of getting a Blazer.

The 3 speed automatic sucked though.

WHOA , WHOA"S, when i says WHOA’s, i mean WHOA!! lol

put the turtle back in the cage!!! :lol :lol it will be ok . just get him to line it up and show him what the turtle can do :nod
u know what i’m talking bout!!! ;D

hey im not mad at all im just saying give him a break isntead they just go right to bashing the build. i give anyone respect that wants to build any car, just trying to be fair thats all.

we’'ll see when my geo metro is done :confused

your car dont look to healthy or sound that good either …is that why ya tried rubbin rays the other night make it better it dont happen like that

well the car is a little beat on the outside but compared to what they normally look like its pretty clean. i’m not one for buildin the same shit as everyone else. its not gonna be a 11 second civic but its gonna be pretty surprising.

good luck build it then smoke that shady fuck …ill help ya wit the nitrous install just a little shot like 200 or so ;D

Noo… i’m gonna keep it NA. the na build that i have running 10.8:1 compression with the cams and the rest of my set up. i’ll be ok

you shout make it a demolishion derby car!

If anything like that make it a 4 cylinder street stock. Neons are great at that. I know a guy that races at Albany-Saratoga with one and wins all the time. The car had 195k on it when it was turned into a race car.

Neons are great DD’s … good on gas but Its not something I would try and build up… I’ve never felt safe in a neon :runaway

Sorry my car being 20 years old doesnt look apealing to you…
But she runs like a champ, and I need to get my exhaust fixed

Im not bashing the thread, build what you want… but from hearing people say they’re goign to buld various cars that no one really has before, they end up canning it because there was 10x more shit wrong then they thought.

If he goes thru with it, I give him props, anythign done right can be a beast… but i’ve seen neons fall apart on more than 1 occasion.

Neons are just not my cup of tea, although yours look like it was done very well … I wasnt trying to say he shouldent do it, one vague opinion “falling apart” made you think im bashing the kid and everything he wants to do… ive seen neons blow up a lot… it was my opinion im not bashing the kid at all … if he does it, he will have my respect