LarrySHOTs 87 olds

its a 540 lift roller cam with dart pro 1 alum heads victor jr ford 9 ich 4;10 gear good upper and lowers 3 1/2 inch h pipe with dumps at rear

sounds pretty stout! cant wait to see it run

and comming soon bigger cam carb big tube headers and a good old nitrous kit that goes big enough for a larry shot

you planning to run it as is before those mods to get a baseline? or are you just gonna do that now?

changing carb headers and the nitrous asap

You keep the cam for now then or i guess your swapping that out immediately too? i’m just trying to get an idea of what that motor will do since i’m making a 383 as well. I like to compare combinations :slight_smile:

leaving the cam for now to see how it run then go from there might need bigger lobe sepperation for the nitrous and more cam for the intake will see

its sapose to be an 11.1 compression

good deal, sounds like it will be killer

the lsx swap is so popular and to keep it from gettin played out BOP’s should stay BOP… it cool when somone applies new tech to an old motor instead of just buyin it from a crate. that part of hot rodding.

infact back in the late 70’s GM got sued because people that bought go olds were stuck with chevy engines when they specifically wanted an olds power plant. the olds 307, while slow as a turtle, is way more durable than its equivalent chevy 305. the 305 is smoking after 20k and the olds will run strong till the chain snaps around 140k-170k

infact back in the late 70’s GM got sued because people that bought go olds were stuck with chevy engines when they specifically wanted an olds power plant

how can you sue a car company for not putting in the motor YOU wanted?? Its like getting pissed off that the “SS” version of the new camaro gets a base LS2 rather than the newer LS3 or big LS7. Or USA hondas didnt get JDM spec motors…

i’m kinda shocked that your going with a carb’d setup shawn…you’ve always had hard ons for turbo’s…won’t see much but melted floats with that on a carb, nitrous all the way i guess

blow thru carb setup… F1R that bitch

because it wasn’t advertised as a chevy engine

The soaring popularity of Oldsmobile vehicles resulted in a major issue in the late 1970s. At that time, each General Motors division produced its own V-8 engines, and in 1977, Oldsmobile, Chevrolet, Pontiac and Buick each produced a unique 350 cubic inch displacement V-8. The popularity of Oldsmobile models caused demand to exceed production capacity for the Oldsmobile V-8, and as a result Oldsmobile quietly began equipping some full size Delta 88 models and the very popular Cutlass/Cutlass Supreme with the Chevrolet 350 engine instead. Although it was widely debated whether there was a difference in quality or performance between the two engines, there was no question that the engines were different from one other. Many customers were loyal Oldsmobile buyers who specifically wanted the Rocket V-8, and did not discover that their vehicle had the Chevrolet engine until they performed maintenance and discovered that purchased parts did not fit. This became a public relations nightmare for GM. Disclaimers stating that “Oldsmobiles are equipped with engines produced by various GM divisions” were tacked on to advertisements and sales literature. GM quickly stopped associating engines with particular divisions, and to this day all GM engines are produced by “GM Powertrain” (GMPT) and are called GM “Corporate Engines” instead of GM “Division Engines”. Although the popularity of the Oldsmobile division vehicles prompted this change, declining sales of V-8 engines would have made this change inevitable as all but the Chevrolet version were eventually dropped.

oh i see… thanks for pointing that out. i agree, i love to see old oldschool olds/pontiac/buick cars with their type motors but the newer gen stuff like 80’s on, i dont mind a chevy motor in them. Nothing like those old muscle cars with their 400’s, 455’s, etc

well with exception to canadian olds g-bodies… you had 3 engine options… olds diesel 350, olds 307, buick 3.8… if you are gonna do a swap a chevy has no place. i understand why people do it… its economical but its really boring and i usually dont pay them much attention.

as long as this conversation doesn’t get into “the soul of a car” it won’t be gay.

:nuts: :bigok:

CHEVY IN OLDS not my cup of tea… :crying:

WE GET IT.

i guess this thread isnt for the all olds people then