Olds 442

Olds 442

:eek4dance :eek4dance

more videos below

there v6’s & they dont show the rear engine!

OMG that car is a disgrace to the name. sure it may be a fast lil thing but its a cutlass calais FWD piece of doo doo!!! WTF was GM thinking when the got rid of RWD. I’m sorry but my time can’t be wasted to click on that link to view such an atrocity.

you complain about things to much…

they show both motors at the end of the video

so…

Sorry to revive the thread, I’ve been outta town… But that makes me want to puke… Don’t destroy the 442 name!

some say the 80’s 442s were bad for the name but for the 80’s there wasn’t the option to drop a 455 in like it was no big deal. The car was still a performanc car compared to a standard cutlass and it was and still is a sharp looking car. It still had a v8 a 4 barrel carb, 4 speed tranny and 2 (dual) exhaust. The 91 442 is just wrong from top to bottom.

just woundering how would they have that set up with the tranny for the 2 motors?

well i can’t say for sure but i think it would have to run into some sort of transfer case. Now back in the day when they did the twin engine hurst harry car, one engine went to the front wheels and the mid engine went to the back wheels…lets just say it was a wild ride at the least. they basically couldn;t keep the car on the track.

I think it’s awesome, if it really works. No matter what kinda car, if you can put 2 engines in it and make it work, it has to be awesome! Just my opinion.

well i can’t say for sure but i think it would have to run into some sort of transfer case. Now back in the day when they did the twin engine hurst harry car, one engine went to the front wheels and the mid engine went to the back wheels…lets just say it was a wild ride at the least. they basically couldn;t keep the car on the track.

Thats cool. I was thinking maybe 2 tranny`s at 1st but i dont think that would really even be posable

ya…but with teh 3.8 in the rear…wouldnt that make more power…and accelerate faster??? and push the car quicker that the front 3.1 can??? idk…maybe im wrong :dunno:

lol like the comments!
As the mastermind of this project, I wonder whats so bad about a modern Hurst “Hairy” Olds 442 project? the rear 3800 will be getting turbocharged by late summer/fall for the 2006 season–just wait and see!

for those who are open minded about modern hotrodding:

the 442 running video has been moved to:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/privatesn123/442_2engines.zip

the new video of the 442 driving:
http://oldsconnection.com/forum/post_files/442_Drives.zip

Regards, James and Al

But it was faster then a good number of cars that were made in 91. it ran a 14.7 thats pretty quick for cars in the early 1990’s, and even more so for a 4 cylinder.

So what do ya’ll think?

cant wait to go to the track with her!

James

Well per a suggestion i timed the 0-70mph run from the video i posted… and using the video editing program, I have 6.25 seconds from the frame just before the launch to the frame he lets off the GO pedal at 70 mph!!!
this is only a little slower than a 99 Corvette or an 04 Subaru WRX STi!!!
and since the corvet ran 13.6 in the 1/4 and the WRX STi ran 13.2 I think it’s safe to say we have a 13 second W-body sleeper on our hands with less than $2000 total investment!

not bad fer Redneck/Lowbuck Hotroddin!

Cant wait to turbocharge the rear 3800!

James

I like it! This is old school hot rodding.

Some of the guys on this board are too uptight.

Make sure you get some vid’s of donuts in the snow…better be a big parking lot!

Thanks man I will be trying to do a 4 wheel burnout but the snow doesnt look good lately! LOL

THE 442 MADE IT INTO CARCRAFT.COM!!!
READERS RIDES LIVE SECTION!!!

Here: http://carcraft.com/video/116_cc_live/

WWOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
James & Al …and the 442

Got some new pics of the 442 getting tons of little things done…
you can def tell it’s behind the seats…passenger side view
you can see the front part of the firewall installed…

Al’s arm checking the oil…from the drivers seat

The completed dash and rear engine gauges these will be replaced with electric sending unit type and these will be mounted in the trunk opening…

The modified factory tube with a giant K&N I got Al and Amanda as a wedding present…I am practical…LOL

View of the rear 3800 through the trunk opening, new Accel wires, and you can see the Quad 4 injectors on top of the fuel cell, along with a solenoid and a cold start injector. these will be used when we put the Turbocharger on it this winter while converting the top end to SII heads and associated parts.

The New Accel wires (25$) and the DelcoII Ignition module on the 3800 with the factory injector cover on

The New 10 pt Rollcage from Jegs should be here by Friday, then we have some more work to do!
Is any project ever done?!? lol

James & Al