me>eviljay

and this may represent the other 10 percent… =)

i give the :tup: to any car, and thats the way it should be =)

i’d change your sig if i were you.

i still want to know how many reliable VRT’s you’ve seen at come into autohaus. i bet you can count on one hand the number you’ve seen and i bet you can count on one finger or less the number of them that aren’t prone to problems. none of them are the picture of reliability.

Why would you change one of the best quotes of our time?

I know of 2 turbo Vr6s in this area. Jaeger and another red Corrado think his name is mike or mark .

I personally haven’t seen one decently fast VW nor one that was modded and reliable. Well I shouldn’t say that because Audios car is pretty quick from what I hear but it took a while to get there as well. :gotme: all part of the game.

I have seen some that were out of state but that’s not here.

Every VW guy I know that has been dealing with VWs for longer than about a year has as much if not more hate for their car than any other car on the road. The constant issues with modding, the rediculous things that break like on the 1.8t such as engine harnesses that have their insulation crack and cause misfires in the morning, piss poor wheel bearings, all the K03s that at some point make their way to the scrap yard because it is efficient for 14 psi max…this is proven not what it can do but what it is supposed to do. You can see that in the compressor map.

But whatever its really not that big of a deal. If you are into the culture and the car then cool, whatever floats your boat, you gotta drive the car at the end of the day you might as well be happy with it.

VWs would never be my first choice for anything other than a stock daily driver and even then they still are overly complicated piles of shit that cost you out the ass to repair when the warranty is gone. Ask any VW owner turned hater :stuck_out_tongue: They can agree on that :stuck_out_tongue:

that harness is 128 bucks… it takes 2 mins to install… big deal…

how many other cars have heated cloth recaro’s???

and for those super mechanics who cant read most people i deal with dont “mod” there cars past tune/suspension…

there not making 405 hp vtec racers, or sweet evos (not to mention there front bumpers look like snowplows) but rather adding a little more torque to the sexiest torque curve known to man from the factory =) and who needs a daily thats not streetable, i enjoy very much my gti, ample torque, 34mpg, heated recaro’s, nice wheels, big brakes, quiet as can be, no crazyness with the timing belt (ie just one cam to deal with), and for the minor electrical problems that they do have, name one car company that doesnt have its issues… and our electrical problems are not “hard” and most are very common…

agree!!!

and most of the time its not the harness, but rather the coil packs… and if you cant diagnose that you shouldnt be fixing cars…

not everything can be as simple as honda… but god they are uncomfortable

Don’t get all fired up I was agreeing with you and pointing out some of my own experiences…

i was not getting fired up at you… silly =)

i would stick up for you if anything…

hope all is well… =) :tup:

you still haven’t answered my question about the many many turbo VR’s.

ohh sorry,

to date I have seen 4, drove 2, and only seen one with problems…

(problems becuase of improper install)

none make over 350whp…

all run 6 to 14 lbs…

none are “fast”

but “I” think everyone of them are attractive… and all are very streetable

i could get names and addresses for you if you like, but i think i would get in trouble =)

You’ll learn to hate those mexican cars.

Lies! You saw PT’s down at the BlownEuroz meet, but again, not local :wink:

Dont you know Kevin with the yellow one too?

don’t bother. i probably know them. and only one hasn’t had major problems that i know of. that does not equate to many many many turbo VR’s.

EDIT:

badass dude :tup:

not bashing :lolham:but…

at least in eurotuner I can see rear drive corrados (crossfire rear end) and vr-t rallye golf (350hp), and the occasional streetable 1.8t mk2 (over 305hp/2500 lbs.car) I know there are still fast vw’s around. just not as popular as a honda racerboy. but i like vw for the comfort, reliablility, handling out of the box. i dont care much abt the culture, the vr6 will always be the best sounding car ive ever heard. and i like factory recaros with 35mpg. AUTO-x is fun even stock in a vw. vws are heavier in power to wieght ratio. a honda with light mods car beat alot of vw’s, but if your honda was 3000lbs, would it be the same? hondas feel like go carts to me. and doesnt feel safe at all.
fast vw?
maybe not locally right now, and project 20/20 was something very new to me, never seen one before but its real quick for a mk2. just because the boy racers with a honda can make it quick doesnt make it streetable, street legal, or comfortable. i like SOME hondas, like my buddies 93 gsr swapped hatch. but its loud, doesnt handle well and just feel like im sitting on the floor. hell i even did the integra cluster swap for him and i dont know anything about hondas. i like hondas to a point.

id rather be stuck with a few 1.8t BOV jerks then see a million hondas with with walmart “performance” parts. i just like vw. some just like hondas.

i like any car that stands out as being tastfully different and is faster then it looks. muscle car and luxury sports aside, jdm or vag. dont matter to me much. but im tired of seeing low-budget go-fast hondas with no taste, comfort or overall “wow, thats different” to it. i hate show cars, im all abt go with comfort.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/bowdown.gif

well put…

agreed. Not that I’d ever want a honda or vw for myself but I most definitely agree with you.