me>eviljay

DD the GTi. - Comfortable, stock, quick car.

Build the DSM - FWD track car.

You don’t need a fast car on the street. You just end up doing dumb shit and getting into trouble.

:lol: @ jaywonch for ever thinking he will be boosted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/layzie298/jay3.jpg

God im so fucking cool…

this thread is sad

but for some reason, i cant stop reading it

do not s/c a vr6… i have seen 5 of them done (2 gti’s) (2 jetta’s) (1 r32) i know the r32 is a “different” engine… but all are unreliable as shit…

12v or 24v dont care… all were done by 25+ year exp. vw techs and all were shitty…

now for some reason the turbo kits are better… dont know why???

i dident read this …

i agree 100%

they have a 24v downstream turbo setup

too expensive. just doing a e30 turbo setup

Boosting an n/a vw never works out, turning up the boost in a boosted vw also never works out.

agreed.

+1 for Gary Burch

i’m not boosting it. cant afford to kill my DD. the e30 on the other hand…

it’s really a matter of how you take care of your car and how much boost. there’s countless kids running 18 psi with X+ chips with very minor mods with no problems related to the boost.

DISCLAIMER: i’m in no way condoning upping the boost on a stock 1.8T.

are you kidding?

LOL.

and no im gonna boost the e30 over the winter. idc what happens to the car really.

:lol: :clap:

wow i thought vr6’s were faster i ran 9.6@72 @racewarz with my 1.8t

not true…

and wrong again…

it may not work out for racing sweet dsm’s and such but it works just fine for daily driving… and i would say that out of the hundreds of 1.8t I see a day that have been flashed 90% are not “joe racer” or have any other sweet mods…

a little extra boost in a 1.8t is reliable…

I run 18 lbs in mine, and people on the forums and people who think they know what there talking about say that “that will burn your exhaust valves” or blah blah blah blah… truth is that every real vw tech I talk to (some of the best in the area) say no prob with the 93 flash, its when you start beatin the shit out of it is when it breaks… (as with anything)

also the particular dealership I work for, they feel so comfortable with the 93 flash they will even warranty work with the flash done at our shop and not give you the run around about how “you have mods done so that voids your warranty bs.”

also the one thing i love about vw drivers is that when one v-dub driver see another driving they always give the :tup: … and its not about the sweet drag racing or roll racing but rather the culture and how our cars have more creature comforts and then most other manufactures… but unless you owned one you wouldnt understand…

also, i have seen many many many turbo vr6’s and 2.slows that come in from time to time that have absolutely no problems… its amazing what can be done to a vw when real vw techs install parts, now these cars are not putting down uber amounts of hp, but they are fun and reliable for the owners… and in the end that is what matters most… not who smoked who on what road and when…

that shit only matters if you have a racecar… and racecars are not raced on the streets… thats why there is tracks… =)

that is all, good night

:banghead:

Fuck VW “culture”
I don’t give anyone a thumbs up. EVER.
Even when I had my uber VW the corrado.
I wish my culture wasn’t populated by boy racers and 1.8Thehandofgod
and overpriced repairs and endless electrical problems.

how many turbo VR6’s have you seen with no problems? i understand what you are saying about the culture and all, but don’t put wear and tear on your hands or your keyboard typing that out. save it for DITB because nyspeed isn’t the place. regardless of what you claim to see, that whole scene is littered with more fucking idiots than any other group of cars. all the other bandwagons have 10 times the common sense that the 1.8T faggots could ever hope to have. near as i can tell, VW leghumpers deserve every bit of hate they get everywhere outside of waterfest.