Battery Relocation Breaker/Fuse/Safety etc..

YOU DO NEED ONE “PER-SAY”

Look I dont care how you route it, or what you route it in. if it gets a split or a screw in it, or a scrap, or the battery just shorts from a screw driver crossing the terminals, the wire will be pulling all the juice it has thru a wire ROUTED from one end of your car to the other. thats a fire hazard.

ya you dont NEED a tourniquet when you cut your arm off but its a DAMN GOOD IDEA!

just because you dont do it, doesnt mean its not needed.

Thanks guys for the excellent responses, Im going to most likley go with a breaker and a nice pull type cutoff setup.

However im having voltage drop probelms. I ran both a positive and negative cable even though I didint have to. I used 2/0 gauge copper wire. i thought it would be big enough? has anyone else had similar problems?

are you grounding your battery at the battery location and grounding the engine back at the origanal battery location?

you draw maybe a result of something little shorting out already, or the alternator??? i dont really know whats going on in your particular case, but if you gave me more information i could probably figure it out.